Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Error with Terrain.dll

Thought I would post this here as I thought someone may be able to offer advice.I have found that whenever I fly in FS9 with LAGO's FS2004 Terramesh (UK & Scandinavia) turned on the sim tends to hang after a while flying and I receive a Microsoft fatal error message dialogue. When clicking on 'detail' in the error dialogue it refers to 'Terrain.dll' as where the problem occurred. This dll is not a LAGO file but an MS one, presumably handling the processing of things like mesh files.I do not appear to have received the error when simply using default FS9 mesh, but having purchased these add-ons I am rather disappointed not being able to use them. LAGO have only advised me to check whether I am running any other mesh!.....which I am not.Has anyone experienced similar problems, either running these mesh files or others, and does anyone have any suggestions?Any help would be appreciated in trying to solve this issue.ThanksStuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Stuart,I don't have any of LAGO's products, but I did create the same error myself yesterday, so I can identify one situation that can cause the error.In my case, I failed to delete an extra line in an asm file before compiling it to create a flatten bgl file. Deleting the line solved the problem. It is unlikely that actual mesh bgl files are causing the problem and very unlikely that it is due any mesh conflicts. I don't know what LAGO includes in those packages, but if the problem goes away when the LAGO Scenery Layer is unchecked, and reappears when the Layer is checked, then the problem probably lies with LAGO.I would try to identify the offending file through the process of elilmination. Create two additional folders at the same level as the scenery folder, untested and ok. Move half the files from scenery to untested and see if the problem goes away. If so, the problem is with one of the files in the untested folder. In this case, move the remaining files from scenery to ok, move half the files in untested into the scenery folder, and try again. ...This approach will quickly identify the problem file, as you reduce the number of possibilities by 1/2 with each test.Once the file is identified, you may be able to get more help from LAGO.Good luck,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Thanks Steve for taking the trouble to reply to my post.Your thoughts on trying to eliminate the cause are a good idea, and when I find some time I shall have a go.Thanks again.Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373