Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Has Anybody Seen This?

Guest 727Fan

Adding European liveried B737-400s today. Got to texture 24, 25, and 26. When the sim loads and I go to the aircraft selection pull down for Boeing 737-400, these last 3 textures are listed as "Default."HHmmm. Checked .cfg files for discrepencies or flaws. All looked identical to the first 23 except for the usual changes one makes to add another texture. I've rechecked again.SAS, Lauda and KLM are not listed in the variation pulldown. There's 3 consecutive "Default" variations listed, of which these 3 liveries are displayed.So where the heck is this "Default" coming from? Checked texture folder for anomolies like a tag line. But none.Is this the dreaded "maximum limit" of an aircraft type folder?Has this happened to anyone?Thanks Rick

You need to include different descriptions for each livery in the aircraft.cfg file.I'm writing this from the office so I can't tell you exactly where, but it's right at the top of each aircraft segment in aircraft.cfg.

John

I don't know if there's an aircraft limit, but if there's a limit on each individual aircraft folder, you haven't hit it. I've got over 50 repaints of the 737 and they all show up just fine. Can you post sections fltsim.22 through fltsim.26 of the .cfg file?

Guest 727Fan

Thanks for the advice, Calypso. But I know about this already. I've added many textures. But this quirk had me stumped.So, I just removed the textures and .cfg file entries, and tried it again.It worked fine.DAH! Maybe XP had a hicup or I screwed up something and didn't see it.Thanks for the responsesRick