Sign in to follow this  

Quick poll for WinXP/GeForce/Via mobo users

Have you installed the Via 4-in-1 drivers, or stayed with the native WinXP versions?I suspect this issue may be at the root of some lockup problems with FS, so I'm very interested to know.

Guest DNelson

I've stayed with the native XP drivers. I've seen that advice at many sites and so far it's worked for me. By the way, my Asus A7M266 mobo has the AMD northbridge instead of the Via northbridge, so in pre-XP days I used the AMD AGP miniport driver. When installing the Via 4-in-1's I would deselect the AGP driver. The remaining 3 drivers are for the southbridge.System:AMD Athlon XP 1700; Asus A7M266 mobo; Visiontek Geforce3Dan

Guest pumrigar

Stayed with the default XP drivers.System: ASUS A7M266/Athlon XP 1900+, Leadtek GF4 TI4400.Pesi

I have an asus A7V133 ala VIA KT133A chipsetWin XP ProEvga Geforce 4 TI4400 and run with the native XP Via drivers. Using 29.20 on the video card. My system is pretty solid. I have yet to try loading the VIA drivers and testing whether they are faster or more stable, but I would suspect they are not as stable but could be faster.Scott...

Hi,ASUS AV7 here, with Athlon 1Ghz and GF2 Ultra. Stayed with the default XP drivers.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Same here, look at specs at bottom

I am running an Asus A7V266-e motherboard with a GeForce 4 Ti4400 under XP Pro, I installed the Via 4 in 1 438(2)v(A).I have had no lockups under the normal default card speed, only when I tinkered with Overclocking did I have some troubles :D

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Iam running the 4.39 beta and they run great Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest lwhelan

One with A7M266, AMD 1.2Ghz, Asus GeForce Pro, 28.32 DriversOne with A7V333, AMD 1800XP, Leadtek Winfast GeForce 3 Ti200, 28.32 DriversBoth XP Pro with native VIA drivers - no problemsRegards,Laurie WhelanBrisbane, Australia

I am so glad that you asked this because I have a DFI mobo, XP 1700, and a gf3 ti-200, and FS 2002 will stop and go on a regular beat for me and it is driving me crazy. I currently have not used the 4 in 1 drivers, I think i should try them unless any one else can give me some advice. xp1700DFI AD73 Pro256 ddr micronhercules geforce3 ti-200