Sign in to follow this  
XWRed5

Well... I thought I was good to go...

HI all!I thought, after reading through the readme files about 30+ times so I could understand what in the world the writter was attempting to say in some cases, I thought I had everything ready to go. I was VERY wrong.I compiled a quick test setup from the worldai0 (not the actual name, but close to that) for DAL, USAir, AA. This alone made up a 10k txt file for those flight plans. Now in game all I have is those 3 groups, and at least in Nashville, they are ALL SWA, I assume due to the low # of gates there. In LGA, it is about 90% USAir, & they are all the same flight # & all departing to MCO, at least for the 10 minutes I was in line taxiing.So, How do I find/get the aircraft to use actual flight times, numbers, and destinations? Is the file I have & mentioned above not just that? I also take it I can just tack on the original flightplan.txt info to the new one & get all the old GA + commercial AI back?Thanks!Larry Stewart

Larry,I'm sorry you had so much trouble with the readme files, have you tried emailing the author for help? I understand he's very open with information and happy to help.Just from reading your comments it sounds like there's something wrong with the associations between the flightplans and the aircraft. If there are no SWA plans, there won't be any SWA aircraft. Check your flightplans.txt file to make sure the airlines you want are in there correctly (use the aircraft.txt file to cross check the aircraft numbers). Ensure the aircraft you wish to use are installed correctly and check the aircraft.cfg file to ensure the names are correct (AI ?? *** - ?? two letter airline code, *** aircraft type).Check the plans are compiling OK, make sure flightsim is not running when you do this.The file you have downloaded does include all the flightplans for all the airlines listed, you could just leave the whole world in and add aircraft as and when you feel like it. It will work just as well and it saves recompiling the traffic.bgl file whenever you want to add an airline.You have a valid point with the number of gates. If you go to an airlines hub the airports are saturated (I'm working on trying to improve that). Increasing the number of gates increases the number of flights that you can see at the airport at the expense of frame rates.If you put the old flightplans.txt on the back of the new one (and recompile) yes you will get all the GA and fake commercial flights back.Re read the ttools manual, it's excellent and helps put these downloads in perspective when you have problems.Hope this helps,Ian

Thanks for the reply. Actually, to clarify, most of the readmes are very straight forward, I only had a problem taking in 1, and it was the AIMAP/AIMaker one. I actually think it might be the culprit, as I noticed that it assigns the aircraft you have to EVERY flight for that airline. If you don't have a suitable bird, it will use one you do have in that livery.I am now just starting over & looking for a new airport file, since I didn't back mine up it seems :(Anyways,Thank you for your reply!Larry Stewart

Larry,I have no experience with the AIMap program so I've no idea what it has done. However, if it does change the aircraft associations then you may well find all kinds of strange things happening. Try setting everything up not using AIMap and AIMaker and see what happens. I have DL, US and AA running fine on my system.What airport file are you looking for (airports.txt, AFCAD airport data?).Take care,Ian