Sign in to follow this  
jkanold

missing A1 aircraft....

Can anyone help me out? I installed Project A1 base (also checked the other box)and am using ttools1.2 to compile aircraft and plans. Unfortunately, I don't see any large planes, and large airports like KATL, KORD, and KLAX are like ghost terminals. On the other hand I see small aircraft at smaller airports like Meigs and Aspen. They seem to be the default aircraft.I have default.dp and.cdp, and airlines.cfg in the main aircraft folder. I also have traffic.bgl in the >ATC>scenery folder.The compiler compiles as it should, but the aircraft simply do not show up.Any ideas? I've been to the PIA forum but have not found the answer.Thanks in advance, dek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh yeah, don't forget to install the aircraft too. :-)Kev

Thanks Kev, but I think I have. I cut and pasted them into the aircraft file, and then compiled them. The compiler shows the increase in aircraft numbers. Is this correct? dek

The base package installs the basic PAI aircraft, and if you select it, the general aviation flight plans and automatically compiles them.Then you need to install the flight plans for the Airlines you want, such as, delta express, united airlines, etc. When you use the auto installer packages, it provides the correct textures for that airline and also its flight plans, compiles the flight plans, and exits. It does this for each Airlines auto installer you select.If all you have is the base package, your only going to see the GA aircraft because that is all the flight plans that are in the base package.P.S. Make sure you select the correct folder to send the base and the plans. The recommended default may be the wrong folder. I know because I made that BOO-BOO myself because I wasn't paying attention and just click OK. The uninstaller worked well and I reinstalled to the real flight simulator folder.