Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

AI Traffic Volume?

I usually fly northeast corridor flights [DCA, IAD, PHL, EWR, LGA, BOS, BDL, ALB, BTV, MHT, LEB] in small twins (B1900D usually). I've recently purchased Simflyers EWR and PHL, and installed PAI (all the autoinstallers, no unofficial stuff - beyond my ability right now!) with numerous multi-gate afcads, all pretty much at the same time. I've got a fair amount of traffic at the default airports representing several liveries. I'm usually 2 or 3 for takeoff at DCA, 1 or 2 for landing as well. However at EWR and PHL, I see only US airways jets, and I'm almost always the only moving plane on the tarmac. I have a feeling something is going on, but I'm reluctant to start from scratch.First, should I be seeing more traffic in general? Number three into DCA seems a little light at 4 in the afternoon...Second, I'm not sure what's going on at the simflyers addons...Any ideas?Thanks!sg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I too fly the northeast, but usually Jets :) I've done a fair amount of adding my own aircraft (PAI Repaints) and schedules- John Stottlemire's weekly schedules for the most part. EWR is COA's hub so No COA, and it is sparse :) I have a really well populated BOS and PVD with overlays and they look right now. Evn ORD with 4 overalys is very workable, with dep/arr in 4 differing directions :)It's my experience that you need to make sure that you have enough gates, and flights into those airports. Get yroute from www.spacejock.com and use it to view the traffic levels at your airports. IT has a great graph feature that shows dep/arr in hourly quantities. That and you can view all of the flichgts scheduled for an airport (single ICAO, so overlays get deceptive)Tim

It's up for me right now (here at work) so you should be OK.Don't worry about adding overlay airports or manaully adding aircraft repaints. Feel free to email me any questions, and I'm sure the rest of the community will be willing to help out. I initially found it to be a daunting task too.THe basics ov overlays- start with a good full airport then trim it down for each overlay that you want. Begin with an airport that you know (my first was PVD, then BOS) then go from there. Use airport and airline websites for the gate info. Most airports will even have maps of gate lessees. Then use AITM or some of the other utilities to shuffle flights around. I can send you plenty of examples :)I have BOS, ATL, ORD, LGA, PVD, CLT more or less tricked out to reflect semi real operations. Just make sure that you don't set up your runways to conflict- A place like BOS or ORD can get confusing with the crossing runways, but come up with a plan and stick to it.Places like LAX and ATL are easy- 4 parallel runways, treat them like 2 airports, north and south, each with an arrival and depature runway, then break up the gates (I did mine by simple geography- N and S gates to the respective runways) I can send you some overlays for you to look intoo if you'd like.Tim