Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Is there a way to create AI flight path avoiding high t

I have never seen an AI plane landing at my hometowns Innsbruck Airport, because they all crash into the surrounding mountains before!Also many of the departing AI aircraft fly direct into the mountain ranges.So my question: is there a way to create flightpaths for AI aircrafts that avoid high terrain?Wolfgang

I'm afraid you can't. While you can program SIDs and STARs into your own FMC or GPS, you can't do the same for the AI aircraft. They will use simple vectors to depart and arrive (and use great circle routing in between), even if it means crashing into the mountains.

Guest Stamatis

Does an AI aircraft crash when it flies into a mountain?I have never seen this happen.Stamatis

They fly into mountains and disapear. I was watching the AI traffic at KSFO yesterday. Right after I started the sim there was a American trans air 757 on final approach. He was way to high and missed the landing.He just flew a straight and slightly decending line out into the sea. He crashed a couple miles off shore. I suspect that when you start the sim, if an aircraft is on final but not set up for the final by approach, the aircraft will miss the landing. In the case of the 757 I think the AI Pilots got confused, OK, we missed the approach, I guess we will just fly this slightly decending straight line until we crash :).Matt

Thanks Rachel! I was afraid to hear this!BTW, I love your repaints!RegardsWolfgag

Guest Joshieca

I found your airport, LOWI....let me see if I can fix it for you. Let you know in one day.Josh

Guest Joshieca

Here give this a try....http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?C...afcd&DLID=19911It's not perfect...but at least now you can have some AI aircraft landing there. I was successful with most GA, Turbo Prop, and some very small jet aircraft (BA737-200/MD83). Even still, all aircraft will sometimes come in too high and have to make a miss approach. But usually on the second or third attempt they do make it. Experiment with different sized aircraft....but I know that larger jets, 757/767/777 etc. wont land because your runway length wont allow the AI pilots to do it. Nothing can be done about that. I tried to make the runway longer, but there is only so far that you can go before it does no good.Enjoy....Josh

Thanks a lot for your help, Josh! That's great news! I'll give it a try and keep you informed.Regards,Wolfgang