Sign in to follow this  
edgarone

Need help adding AI to an uncontrolled airport

I mistakenly posted this in the general forum earlier. I do mostly GA aircraft and fly at small airports. I would like to add AI traffic to these airports. I have attempted doing this using TTools and AFCAD, but do not see any planes. I would very much appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong! I saw a previous post about doing this for Sanger, OR, but did not see if it was resolved.Here is what I did:In AFCAD, I added a Ground and Tower frequency, and 4 Gate Small parking spots to airport 11S. With each parking spot I created 4 parking connectors to 4 Normal nodes. These then feed into a Hold Short node, which feeds into a Normal node located at the end of the runway. I then saved this and exited AFCAD.In TTools, I typed in the following information into Airports.txt:11S ,N48* 15.91',W124* 18.33',348In TTools, I typed in the folling information for a flight into FlightPlans.txt:AC#18,N1240,50%,24Hr,VFR,01:00:00,00:00:00,100,F,3452,11S,02:00:00,00:00:00,100,F,3453,KBLII ran TCompiler, and then ran TDeCompiler and then looked again at the plan:AC#18,N1240,50%,24Hr,VFR,00:59:57,01:50:45,100,F,3452,11S,01:59:53,02:50:42,100,F,3453,KBLIThen I went to 11S, and confirmed that I can start at one of the parking spots that I created, and am told to hold short, and then am given clearance to take off. Everything looks OK.But I set my time to 00:59:57 GMT and sat at the airport 11S. I did'nt see any traffic! I then went to KBLI at 01:59:53 GMT, but did not see any plane departing there at that time!I must be doing something wrong. I appreciate any help.Scott

Guest hermes

Try AC#18,N1240,50%,1Hr, instead of AC#18,N1240,50%,24Hr, to test; sometimes MS timezones are not acurate...see this topic

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but still do not see traffic. I heard a suggestion to add the physical control tower as well. Does anyone know if that is a requirement, or is just the tower frequency needed?

Hey Scott, I GOT IT TO WORK! You will have to adjust the gates to where you want them, but you have AI Cessnas in my FS! LOL. I used CYYJ as the landing spot, and had to add several gates to that one as well so the extra aircraft had a place to park. I can tweak it some more or you can do it, your choice. Email me at FSMCDesigns@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.Later, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

It works! Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together for me. I am amazed how folks are so willing to help each other in the flight sim community.There were differences between what I was doing, and what you did. I wonder which of these made a difference? Not that it really matters because I will use your version as a template, but here they are:My version----------GA Small gatesTower freqGround freqYour version that worked------------------------GA Medium gatesTower freqTraffic freqATF freqLocalizer navaidAnyway, I will always use your template as a basis to add AI traffic to any more airports that I will set up in the future. I wonder if the earlier post about adding AI to Sanger ever got it to work. Maybe they could use your file as well as a starting point?Thanks again,Scott

Hey Scott, glad I could help! I actually enjoyed finding that strip and I use it now. If I could ever get Sanger to work I would be real happy, it has all the things that I think it needs but still won't work, I think it has something to do with the fact that it isn't part of the default and an add on runway, oh well I'll keep trying probably something stupid on my end that I will eventually figure out! LOLRegards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

>It works! Thanks so much for taking the time to put that * * *>>Your version that worked >------------------------ >GA Medium gates >Tower freq >Traffic freq >ATF freq >Localizer navaid >Well, I am still stuck with the problem to add ATC and dynamic traffic to an airport.I want to add these capabilities to an add-on airport, which covers a small default runway.What did I do (using AFCAD1.23):- added some "Gate Medium" gates to the addon airport- added a circle of taxilines connecting gates and runway to the addon airport- added traffic, ground, ATIS and tower freq. to the addon airport- added traffic via the MS-TrafficdatabasebuilderResult:- no traffic- my own radio just shows the default traffic frequency- map shows just the default frequencyNext step:- did all the same for the default-runway (under the addon) (frequency, taxilines, Gates)Result:- the same (no traffic, just the traffic frequency)- but the map-info shows all added frequenciesDoes anybody has an idea, where I went wrong?Any help appreciated,Edgar

Guest Captain Barfbag

It may actually be working. Take a careful look at the TTools manual. The format of the traffic definition lines in flightplans.txt is not what you're expecting, as I recall. In your example from the first post, your aircraft will DEPART from KBLI at 00:59:57, and arrive at 11S at 01:50:45. Then it will DEPART from 11S at 01:59:53 and arrive at KBLI at 02:50:42. As you've described it, you're at one airport while the plane is at the other.I always mess this up, so I usually have the plane depart and arrive at the same airport on a 1-hour repeat. This way I've always got one coming or going.

Just for the records:I was wrong, when I saw no change after applying the AFCAD data to the MS default AFD bgl's.I was able to contact the new ground, traffic and tower frequencies.However, in order to change the behaviour of the added airport addon (seeing dynamic aircraft using the new runway and taxiing on the ground) I had to change the AFD info of the MS-default airport, which lays under the addon.Edgar