Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

AFCAD Problem

Hi I have the World Airports by Simflyers. The problem I have with this is that it sets up it's own airport within the sim. As an example KEWR World Airports instead of just KEWR. When I download the AFCAD for the Simflyers scenery, I import it to AFCAD and save it as normal but the problem is that it saves to the original airport not the World Airport scenery. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can save it to KEWR World Airports.Thanks Andrew

Hi! I just registered to this forum to give you an answer...World Airports by Simflyers puts its afcad-information into a number of own .bgl-files in the scenedb/afd/scenery -folder. These files start with "zz..." (zzwa... for WorldAiports or zzsf... for Simflyers, followed by the ICAO-Code for the airport) and can easily be removed from this folder, because double airports such as default-KLAX and "KLAX by WorldAiprorts" can cause malfunctions. Then just install your afcad-files for all nine airports as normal, going into the regular afd-files. Hope it helps...AndreasMunich/Germany

Hi Andreas, I appreciate you signing up to give me a hand with this little problem. I think I understand you so far. Just to be sure before I do anything you think I should delete the World Airports and Sim Flyers bgl files in SCENEDB/AFD and then just use the AFCAD files with airport as it comes up in FS2002.Thanks Andrew

Hi Andrew!Thanks for your reply. Yes, my advice is to remove the "zzwa..."-files in this directory, for example by putting them into a backup-folder (this one can be placed in the FS2002/scenedb/afdfiles-directory). So there is no risk. These files only contain information for AI-Traffic. (All the visual scenery elements are in a different folder). I experienced conflicts between them and the default scenery. So I decided to remove them and update the default scenery as usual for almost every addon-scenery. The result is that there is only one KLAX and one KDFW and so on on the system. Now download AFCAD-files for all simflyers airports (available for example on http://www.simflyers.net/aifix/aifixing.htm . Look for "Download the complete set", made September21.02, click on "AFCAD-files". Import these .txt-files using the AFCAD program as you would always do. (EDDF and KIAD are not part of the WA package, so leave them out). It takes you a few minutes and the problem will be solved.If you like, check the AFCAD-TXT-Files: In the third line there is always information about the bgl-file to be edited, for example: "HomeFile( "usswaf04.bgl" )". Bye Andreas

Hey Andreas, Well I did what you suggested and it is working perfectly. Thanks again for the info it was always a bit annoying having the two airports in the directory. I hadnt had any conflicts that I could have contributed directly to having the two in there. I always figure it is bound to happen with FS at some point though.Thanks alot Andrew

Guest Stamatis

Andrew and Andreas,What is the impact of SimFlyers World Airports on your frame rates?I like realistic and detailed airports very much, but up to the point where I can still fly an approach in a fluid manner.Stamatis

Stamatis, I have I have to say my framerates take a beating. I usually dont have much problem with approach (9-10) to the airports even LA and DFW. The trouble for me starts when I taxi in to the gate they usually are at 4-6. I can live with it for now but I am saving up for a P4 3ghz when they come out. I think then these airports will really shine.I have A P4 1.3ghz with GF3 Ti200 and 512mb RAM. Andrew