Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

How to locate on the fly new added AI planes?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,is there a simple way to locate new added AI planes, without having to go hunting for them through AITMschedule?I find very annoying to go to a specific airport at a specific hour of a specif day...and perhaps AI plane i'm looking for is not there anymore :-(Did lots of additions during the last passed days and i have to say that it took me longer to locate new AI than installing them.Any help greatly appreciatedHappy New YearLuigi ;-)

Hi Luigi:I know your pain :-)I don't have a perfect solution either but I'm using the AIVIEW module (available from http://www.altingsoftware.com) in combination with obvious aircraft registrations to locate specific add-ons, provided they are somewhere within the active (quadtree) area. AIVIEW shows all aircraft by registration and you can double-click on any one to put yourself next to it in spot view.For my aircraft registrations (i.e., the second field in the flightplan.txt file), I use a two-letter airline code (e.g., AC for Air Canada), and then a 4-5 letter/figure aircraft ID (e.g., b744). I realize that ATC will sound funny/unrealistic with this kind of registration but unless you have memorized all aircraft registrations AIVIEW won't be of much use. If you don't want to mess around with the flightplan.txt and you're just hunting for a few particular aircraft you could write down their actual registration numbers and try finding the dudes in AIVIEW.Hope that helps. Good luck!Cheers, Holger

You should also use the feature of AITM to Analyze Flight Times. Any of the plans that have an error in flight time are not used. Even if just one leg out of a 50 leg weekly flight plan is bad, none of the legs will work.I couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time finding some Southwest flights the other day and finally figured out it was because 1/2 the flight plans had flight time errors so all those aircraft were not working. After I fixed the problem I now have more SWA aircraft than I know what to do with.I think part of the problem is Traffic Tools by default goes thru and modifies all the flight times and in doing so makes some of them invalid. I now first check all the plans with AITM and then use the /na switch with Traffic Tools when I compile and that seems to have fixed the problem.Matt

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thx a lot for posting.Perhaps something is wrong in flightplans file?!?When i decompile traffic.bgl and load FlightPlans.txt in AITM v1.2 the program list only 5 missing aircrafts, always the same (nothing new, i know those are repaints PAI is working on).Then i do a search for newly added aircraft both via Airports schedule and Airline names and double check if every new added plane is there!!!Can anyone of you kindly explain what i should do (step by step) for checking flightplans-flightlevels in AITM?Thanks a lot for your patience!Luigi ;-)

Guest Stamatis

"Even if just one leg out of a 50 leg weekly flight plan is bad, none of the legs will work."Really? My experience differs.If for example the arrival time for a flight is not correct (i.e. not enough time for the flight to be there at the time specified), if I load FS2002 and place my aircraft at that destination airport, having set the time several minutes after the arrival time entered in that flight plan, the aircraft in question will show up, parked at its gate.And I am not surprised that this happens, because what I think the program does is check the current time vs the various Arrival Times of the flights involving this particular airport as a destination.The aircraft never actually flies the leg, unless I am flying alongside it all the time. In which case I do not know what will happen.Stamatis