Sign in to follow this  
Ken Pryor

Help Afcad Problem

Need help with Afcad Program. While using the program to modify an airport.I tried 1st to load (defult fs2002 airport) then save without changes to the aiport and gave me an error when I ran fs. I dont know what to do now, I guess my hope is up using the program. Anyone know of a resolution to this problem. Thanks for any help.Dairon

The way I do it is load the airport I'm wanting to modify, then Export it immediately before making any changes to it. That way I've still got my original if I really foul things up. Then I make my changes and save the changed version.Hope this helps.KP

You can recover from a problem of this type. Check your drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBAFDFILESSCENERY folder for the file you modified, such as:usglaf02.bglusglaf02.ORIGINALThe ORIGINAL file should be the unmodified default fs2002 scenery file. Delete or rename the corresponding *.bgl file (If you rename, make sure you change the *.bgl extension to something different than *.bgl, otherwise fs2002 will read the file and try to use it in the flight simulator).Next rename the *.ORIGINAL file with the *.bgl extension. Restart fs2002, it should reindex the scenery.dat files and the problem should be fixed. If not, try deleting the scenery.dat file for the drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBAFDFILES folder and try again.

Guest Captain Barfbag

As they say in friendly letters on the cover of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, "Don't Panic!" AFCAD has an option (File-Catalog/Delte/Restore Airports) to restore the original airport. So, even if you've been to the pub and had a few lagers, you can get back to where you were. (The wife and I have just consumed a liter and a half of cheap Chardonnay, so I know where you're at.) First, do that and make sure your airports are back where they were. Now, what was the error that you got when you tried to run FS2002? Was this really when you tried to run, or was it when you tried to save the file from AFCAD? The former is more complicated, but the latter is quite common (got it myself last night) if you are still running FS when you try to Save. Tell us the text of the error message and I bet you'll be in the air again by morning.

>As they say in friendly letters on the cover of the >Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, "Don't Panic!"I loved the Hitchhikers books!Sincerely,Zaphod Beeblebrox (or something like that ;) )KP