Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

finding your own house...

Did something special today:we have GPS in the car.When my father parked the car on the driveway,I noted the co

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Seba,if you would own Reality XP GPS and with the upcoming v1.10 upgrade, you could even list your house as a user waypoint and add a comment such as "home sweet home!" That is a neat feature I would use for sure!

Years ago with FS5.1 or 98(I can't remember which) I had made a 2500ft runway behind my house with one of the scenery design programs of the time and have imported it to every version since. I used a hand held Garmin GPS unit to get the coordinates. I have a VOR and NDB too. Now with AFCad11 I have added Clearance, Tower, and Ground frequencies, and a parking slot. It's a lot of fun to actually be able to make flight plans in and out of my own private airport. I recommend if you know how to make scenery or know someone who does that you make your own airport too. Now that we have AFCad11 you can add it to FS2k2 like I did.RichardS