Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter Hammer

Neophyte Question of the Day

Hi: Just tried my first transfer using TTools of the PAI United package. Followed all the directions (dcompiled,cut & paste, recompiled,Airport search)and then didn't know what to do with the Repaints files. Figured they go into the Aircraft folder, but then they didn't show up as AI aircraft. Then I figured they go in as repaints in the individual aircraft (have to change the Aircraft .cfg's) but realized that if I use the full aircrafts I have I'll get humongous frame rate hits. So I tried to find a PAI model for the aircrafts listed in the PAI file I downloaded, but cant' seem to find them on PAI site or Avsim. So I guess I don't know where I am in the process and what I've left out. Just don't have the new AI flyin' around yet.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advanceJohn

HiIn order to get the aircraft to show up you need to have the appropriate models on your system. As you stated they should be in the Aircraft directory: /aircraft/PAI(modelname)/You can get them here PAI Libraries/Aircraft repaints.http://projectai.flight1.net/libraries/acfiles.php?cat=6The new PAI aircraft will typically be installed with the PAI installer.BTW, there is a forum on the projectAI site where you can get all the help you need :-)Hope this helps-Lars H

Lars: Thanks for your help. I thought I'd gone through the PAI sight thoroughly, but missed this page. I didn't see an auto installer in the UAL package I downloaded. Do you download it seperately?Thanks again.:-)John

JohnSorry for the late answer, I've been away for the weekend.Yes you should download the installer from here: http://projectai.flight1.net/files/install...er%20v1.19d.zipIn not sure if the link will work, but you can get it under CERTIFIED PAI RESOURCES/PACKAGES there in the yellow box, you can can get it under the