Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Departure and Arrival runways

Alright I understand the concept of overlays for arrivals and departures. But how do I implement them into the design. Do I close all the runways except the one I want to use for Arrivals and the same for the overlay for the departure? Thanks Jeff :-hmmm

Overlays should each use one runway (or 1 arrival and 1 departure runway), and those runway(s) should be exclusive to that overlay. Thus, if you have 4 runways and want devoted arrival and departure runways, then you should have a maximum of 2 overlays - two pairs of arrival/departure runways. If you want arrivals and departures on all four runways, then you can have 4 overlays - one per runway.And yes, set all of the rest of the runways (used in other overlays) as Closed for Landings and Closed for Takeoffs.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Howdy:another very important thing about overlays is that you'll have to move the airport center location of each overlay (the pink dot) to appropriate locations near the runway used for landing (this usually takes quite a bit of testing). Otherwise the landing aircraft will likely pick the wrong overlay for parking. See Lee's great (!) AFCAD manual for a description of overlay how-to.Good luck. Cheers,Holger