Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyhi

Two questions using AFCAD/TTools

Guest flyhi

Dear Simmers.I have a few questions - looking for help .....Using the AFCAD 2.21 prgrm (congratulations mr Swordy, really good and user friendly, TTools also), I have created two airports which both have two runways in parallel mode.Runway 20/02 and Runway 21/03 the first one,Runway 19/01 and Runway 18/36 the second one .Basically, are airports for military use. I have added taxiways, two military ramb combat positions and one medium gate on each one. I run the fault finder and everything is ok. I have created -using TTools-these two AI flightplans:AC#6992,fn1,1%,24H,IFR,10:00:00,10:19:05,200,F,0001,LGF2,12:00:00,12:19:05,200,F,0002,LGF1AC#6992,fn2,1%,24H,IFR,10:00:00,10:19:05,200,F,0003,LGF2,12:00:00,12:19:05,200,F,0004,LGF1The scenario goes like this: Two military planes take off the same time from the first airport (LGF1) land at the second airport (LGF2)and then back to first airport (LGF1).The take off from LGF1 is ok and really impressive.Plane 1 takes off fm 20/02 and plane 2 fm 21/03 almost together. The flight is impressive as well.The questions start upon the landing time ! and here they are:The planes are lined with the runway (the same one 19/01) for landing (LGF2 - the destination airport), then the first one suddenly raise gears up and go around while the second one continus the landing procedure and lands ok - taxiing to parking place also. Meanwhile the first aircraft has done the goaround and then lands ok, but instead of taxiing to the second (and free) parking gate it taxes to the first one where the plane that has landed before is parked already there. And not only that. It parks just on the first plane, it is one plane mixing with the other. Really cool effect ! When the take off time comes suddenly jumps to the second (and free so far) gate and the take off procedure starts and the rest of the flight continues normally.Approaching to LGF1, the goaround takes place again, but the taxiing and gates position of the aircrafts is ok. Each plane parks at the right place.Something is wrong with LGF2 but i can't find it. The fault editor reports nothing and take off is ok. Any idea ?I wonder if it possible also, that it can be in a way that both runways are open for landing. Instead of the first airplane to go around, to land at the other runway. The first one to 19/01 and the second one to 18/36. Like they do during the take off. Each plane takes offfrom a different runway almost together.So, in conclusion, the answers are these two : why one plane parks over the other, and, why can't my planes use bothrunways for landing, us they use both of them for take off.Have a nice day, nikolas

Guest Captain Barfbag

Without actually seeing the AFCAD's, I'd suggest looking for the following:Is the landing runway connected to the parking places? Fault finder will be happy if the parking is connected to the taxiway network in general, but if there's no path to/from the runways it won't work.Are the parking places big enough? If your aircraft are "larger" than the parking places, they won't park there. You may have the smaller "gate" parking connected to one landing runway and the larger military parking connected only to the other runway. I think this would also explain the non-landing behavior.Check "Lists-Parking" and make sure you don't have two parking places overlayed on each other. This would explain the "double parking" effect.

Guest flyhi

Hello friends.Thanks a lot for yr replies and yr help.I removed the medium gates, a few taxiways and other elements, i just left only the basics.Following yr suggestions, i found nothing wrong.Finally, i got the parking problem of the second airport. The two military gates had the same number. Both of them was numbered as "2".So i renumbered them 1, 2 and the parking problem was solved. Also, no goaround proc. for the second aircraft to land. Works ok.Now, remains the landing problem. "why can't the planes use bothrunways for landing, us they use both of them for take off."There is a 6 kb zip file (falcon.zip) included which contains the two afc bgl files as well as a text file with all AI entries if you to try it yrselves.Thanx a lot fr yr precious help, have a nice day,nikolas

Hi,Aircraft will take off on the runway that is closest to them, so I assume your parking spots are in different parts of the airport.Aircraft will land using the closest runway to their approach. I.e. if they approach from the North, they will use the north runway. Since both planes are arriving from the same city, they will use the same runway.Hope this helps,

Guest flyhi

Yes, i know that, i have read it at the manual.I just hope if there is any kind of tryk to avoid it.Thanks for helping, anyway.Have a nice day, nikolas.

Hi Nikolas:have you tried making two independent airports side by side, one for each aircraft? As long as the pink ref markers are placed so that the landing jets don't become confused that should do the trick.Cheers, Holger

Guest flyhi

Hello Holger,That was a very good idea ;-)I tryed it and works as follows:The second aircraft lands at the second runway (second airport) a few seconds after the first one has landed to its own. Sometimes the difference is between 3-5 secs some others more.I am trying now to alter the departure time of the airport they fly from. Maybe the second aircraft could take off 10 or 15 seconds before the first one. Haven't tryed it yet. Any idea welcomed.Have a nice day,nikolas

Hi Nikolas:you're welcome - glad that it worked! I'm going to try that myself tomorrow for AI choppers.If changing the departure times doesn't work, you might be able to affect changes by lengthning or shortening the taxiways, so that one of the aircraft takes a little longer. However, 3-5 seconds sounds very good to me ;-)Cheers, Holger

Guest flyhi

Hello HolgerI tryed all possible combinations - the best i can get is 3-5 secs.How are you doing with the choppers? Do you use helipads that already exists in fs9 - i think we still can't create our own using AFCAD, truth? Thanks for yr help, have a nice day,nikolas