Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanFraserUK

ATC Call my Aircraft "Experimental"

Guest jerooum

I have recently installed two new Hawker Hunter AI aircraft. The flight plans work fine and ATC uses the correct call signs that I have inserted into the aircraft.cfg. However, when referring to these aircraft for traffic alerts etc, ATC still uses the term "experimental".I have checked EditVoicePack and there is a correct aircraft model sound for Hunter yet I cannot get FS9 to recognise it. The EditVoice help suggests that I need to install an AC_MODEL sound - but I can find no advice on where to find the ac-model list.V grateful for any help in changing "experimental" for the correct ATC call.

In the {GENERAL} section set atc_airline=Air Force, atc_type=Hawker and atc_model=Hunter.George

Guest jerooum

GeorgeMany thanks. I have tried this - along with many other options for the aircraft.cfg - all with no luck. I have tried deleting and re-installing the aircraft again with no success - FS9 adamantly refuses to use any other word than "experimental" when referring to the Hunter.Very odd as all other aircraft including several downloads are ok and I can see nothing wrong with the layout of the Hunter .cfg compared with the others.Grateful for any other ideas I might try.John

Guest jerooum

Resolved!!I missed the move into the {General} section - I was working with several different paint jobs in the aircraft.cfg.Very many thanks - I wonder why this works?

Because this is where MS tells us to put such information? This info should always go in the General section, because it refers to the plane itself, not any of the individual liveries.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Kingair315

It saves loading time, and probably memory. In General, you use it once instead of in each individual aircraft. If you had 15 repaints, it would add up. If you have 150 addons, it ads even more. Anything else which applies to the aircraft, like the Manufacturer, I put in General also.

Guest 4deucer

>In the {GENERAL} section set atc_airline=Air Force,>atc_type=Hawker and atc_model=Hunter.>>George>I'm a son-of-a-gun! I did not know the atc airline, type and model were supposed to go into the GENERAL section! Are there others that might be placed there as well (instead of with specific aircraft every time?)Thanks

Hi,Generally the atc airline entry does not go there, since it is specific to each livery you might have (and thus belongs in the top section). The type and model are typically the only things in the General section.I haven't tested putting anything else there (like the ui_manufacturer, for example), but it might be worth a try.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Kingair315

Anything which applies generally to the aircraft only works, like:ui_Manufacturer=ui_Type=atc_parking_types=atc_parking_codes=atc_type=atc_model=

Guest DanFraserUK

Thanks for that! Was annoying me as well with the experimental bit.