Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Use of default traffic file?

Greetings all,I have tried to find an answer to this elsewhere, but to no avail. I moved the default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl) to another directory on my HD so as to remove default traffic. Now, I understand that TTools uses this file (and I want to manually add FPs that are not in MRAI wizard format) Does this mean that in order to compile downloaded third-party FPs using TTools, one necessarily has to accept that the default traffic will be flying around? In other words, can I compile a bgl file from scratch (i.e. without decompiling the default file first)? Or, alternatively, can I put the default traffic file back to where it belongs in the scenery folder of FS, decompile it and then manually delete the default AI entries from the airports.txt and flightplans.txt? I hope someone can understand me! :-lol Thanks in advance for your help,Nicolas in CYOW

Thanks for your reply M. Sieffert,I will definitely try AI Traffic Mover, since I want to use the default traffic file as a basic file of sorts (and I don't know of any other way to add FPs into TTools than by using the default file). Downside: since I've been installing AI like crazy, I think my girlfriend is hating FS more than ever. :-lol Thanks again,Nicolas in CYOW

Guest Kingair315

Tell your girlfriend, "You know I could be skydiving, scubadiving, or really off flying and spending a lot more money...With the FS, at least I am right here with you... Wouldnt you prefer that I were here with you?" If she says no, find another girlfriend...

Well, actually, she starts liking FS (doesn't play, though) and wants me to take flying lessons... Anyway, I think what I'll try with TTools is to decompile the original AI traffic file and then delete all entries except those in the airport.txt, which I will keep because not all third-party FPs provide an airport file.Thanks,Nicolas in CYOW

>> In other words, can I compile a bgl file from scratch (i.e. without decompiling the default file first)? Yes, you do not need the default traffic file, all you need is an airports_yours.txt, aircraft_yours.txt and flightplans_yours.txt.Use the "File/User Defined Source folder" from the TTools menu to set the path to where you have created these files.Use "File/User Defined Traffic folder" to set the path to say c:your_trafficscenery then compile.In FS, from Settings/Scenery Library, add the new area c:your_traffic.If you do it this way, you can easily enable/disable this file in FS.Don't forget you can have as many traffic bgls's as you wish in FS2004.George