Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

How to influence the AI traffic of FS ?

Guest aerolulu

Hello,I'm trying to do something but it doesn't look that easy. I've developed a program which works and simulates some aircrafts. However, I don't have any graphic interface then, I would like to send my data to Flight Simulator. Let's say that I'd pilote a plane and that my simulator could tell FS what to do with the others. I've tried tools loke simple AI, ATIM, or Ttool but I can only make some flight plans, which not really interests me. For example, I would like to simulate an airstrike during the World War Two, that means unconventional flights ! So my question could be : do you know which file uses Flight Simulator to fly the aircrafts of the AI ? I could maybe communicate directly with this file and send it my flight data ? Is it in the traffic030528.bgl which is decompiled by Ttool ? And to conclude, do you know if all the .bgl files can be decompiled and if it's a lot of work to decompile only one ?Thank you very muchRemy LUCETTE

I've never heard of any way to send AI aircraft control information to FS. I've seen some good utilities to read the information which FS creates and is using.Perhaps the mission editor in FSX might be someting to meet your requirements when it comes out this fall / winter.

Guest aerolulu

Ok, thank you very much. I don't know how am I going to do that ... Which utilities are you talking about please ?Remy LUCETTE

Hi,There is some information in the FSUIPC SDK about controlling AI aircraft. Also, there is the FS Traffic Toolbox, which is downloaded from the FS2004 SDK web site. This lets you take control of a single AI aircraft.Another good download to see what it possible is the MRAI Traffic View Board from www.fsalliance.net.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___