Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Real Traffic based on real Life traffic

Guest DavidAp

helloI have been looking for a real Traffic tooli wat to add real traffic just like the real ife traffic and real routes, real times... everything is realis there kinda thing?Paywares okfreewares okand not to like manualy add them I want it like PAI but real and niceby the way, is PAI real with real routes and airlines?

Start with PAI and World of AI packages.Yes those are real airlines and real schedules. But remember schedules can only mirror one week in FS - not the two week cycle many airlines use. And schedules have to be updated.WoA is the better choice for most airlines - newer schedules and the most current/ best AI models.But PAI has many airlines available which WoA does not.The WoA installer works one airline at a time and has the ability to update / repair previously installed airlines with newer schedules and repaints.The PAI installer does not have the update ability - but does have the ability to install many airlines at the same time. Just select multiple files in the window to install the airlines.A note about installing the PAI airlines - select the Custom Install option to place every airline in a separate traffic file using the airline name. Do not use the ICAO code as some airlines will be overwritten by their express or cargo schedules. Do not use the default install to put everything into one large traffic file. You will regret it.As far as the three payware, only Ultimate Traffic uses real world schedules - and they probably have the best overall schedules available on the web. They also don't have the best models or repaints.However, even with WoA and PAI and manually adding a few hundred other airlines - you will still only have about 1/2 of the world's airline traffic. Yes you'll have most of the majors and many of the minors - but many will be missing.I use Ultimate Traffic as my filler - until I can update an individual airline.My Traffic 2006 and Traffic 2005 use the Microsoft tool to create their schedules, which frankly produces better, more error free traffic files. However it will not allow scheduling arrival times or tight turnarounds like many of the world's low cost air carriers use.http://www.projectai.com/http://www.world-of-ai.com/http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/And don't forget GA - though we don't have an automated installer yet - the installs are very simple.http://www.ultimatega.com/

Guest nick46

Real Traffic is a relevant term in time.Nothing can be real in time, as things, and flight plans, and airlines, and everything changes in time.I would not bother much with that worry.

Hi Reggie,Was just reading thru this thread, as I am trying to update Ultimate Traffic with some real world schedules for real world airlines. I've been able to locate some current schedules for United Air in the file library here, but haven't ben able to figure how to get these into UT,,, effectively replacing UT's older UA schedule with this newer one. Was wondering if you might be able to provide some insight into this process?Also, I notice you state you don't think UT has th4 best models or repaints. Which of the AI groups do you think is the leader in this area?Thanks for your thoughts,orbmis

Ultimate Traffic has said they are working on a new set of schedules to be released in mid-May.I would expect it to be delayed a few days because FSX SP1 has been a bit longer in testing than expected. It will coincide with their (Ultimate Traffic) FSX version release.I'll have to do some checking when I get off work and at home. But to replace an airline schedule in UT with a newer one.The aircraft.txt, the airports.txt and the flightplans.txt files must not have any comment or blank lines in the file. The final line in the text file must no end with a carrage return.You have to use a different airline IATA code than the one used by the main airline in Ultimate Traffic when your do the airline import.There are more details, but I have to work through the process.Check John Goodwin's site in the meantime - http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co....age10frame.htmlBetter modelswww.aiaardvark.com (Boeing B717-767, DC-9, MD-8X/90, EMB 120, EMB 170)www.evolveai.com (A319, A320, A321, ERJ-145, DC-10) and links to a few morewww.the-fruit-stand.com (B777)www.htaimodels.com (Small props and jets)Plus from the library search on authorFernando Martinez - F28, F70, F100, BAe-146/RJCharles Dayhuff - B1900D, CRJ200, CRJ700And more.You will have to manually install these models and repaints - then use UT's aircraft assignment feature to point UT to use their models and repaints.Also, you might consider using World of AI packages for some airlines and unselect that airline in the UT list of airlines to compile.And PAI packages for airlines which WoA does not have.The best AI is a hybrid of the many sources.You can add the new airlines to the UT database to make the schedules up to date, but I don't find that worth the effort.

I forgot to mention that I am aware of the method to add a new airline into UT, by using a different airline IATA code. But that method seems like it might be too difficult to sustain over the long run. I've been considering using AI Traffic Mover, but I'm not certain how nor what process to use, so that I don't end up with both the 2005 schedules, and the 2007 schedule. The older schedule is using low AC numbers in the aircrafts.txt file, while the newer Evolve AI package uses AC#'s in the 6000's. Do I have to manually go in and delete the older schedules one-by-one, or is there an easier mthod, when using AITM & TTools?? I started going in thru AITM and changing the AC#'s from the 6000's to the previous lower AC#'s, but that didn't seem to be the most efficient method. Especially if I elect to use a different airline package in the future, such as World of AI, or PAI.I'm pretty comfortable using the tools available, but not certain what might be the best 'method' to use to maintain my AI flighhtplans & aircraft.Many thanks for your help.

It's is pretty essential to separate airlines into separate traffic files if you are going to do any updates from other sources.My Ultimate Traffic created traffic file is down to about 60% of the UT airlines and about 1/3 it's original size.It's mostly smaller airlines in remote locations.I've also taken the UT airlines list - and put it into a spreadsheet - so I can keep track of which airlines I replace and with which traffic files/ schedules for which date.I really haven't bothered to pull a single airline out of the big UT file.

Thanks for the insightful information. Exactly the type info I was looking for. Placing the various airlines into their own BGL traffic files certainly gave me a fresh perspective on the subject of AI traffic management.I like the idea of keeping a spreadsheet for the various airlines that have moved to 'manual' management. I will create one for myself, but for what it's worth, did you create your file by hand, or is there a way to extract/export that info from UT??Thanks again for your help,,, much appreciated.orbmis

I don't have my UT computer here at work (the yoke and pedals might be hard to explain), but one of text files with the last schedule update you installed has a list of airlines.That's what I use as a starting point.I'll look for the exact file and location when I get home.