Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

TTools for FSX?

Traffic Tools will not read the traffic file in the FSX Demo.TrafficTools compiled flight plans appear to function acceptably in FSX.Lee Swordy made the code for TrafficTools 1.33 open source many years ago - asking that others take over maintenance and development of the program. He "very reluctantly" updated it to work minimally with FS2004.I would be surprised to see a new version.I do hope to see Microsoft's traffic file generator program in the SDK with the release of the Deluxe version of FSX.They released their FS2002 and FS2004 versions.

Hi Reggie. Thanks. I did try to use the TrafficAircraftDemo.bgl and it did not work. I was able to use TTools for the Traffic_sm.bgl which was in an addon to add the carrier. I guess that one was compiled with TTools. Maybe the SDK will help. Best regards, Bob.

Guest Lee

I took a look at the traffic bgl file in the demo. It looks like they have changed the id codes that define the Flight Plans database and the Traffic Sectors database. This may be causing your problem since ttools is expecting different id codes.Lee Steffensen.Forgotten but not lost!!

Hi Lee. Thanks. Yes the traffic file that came with the demo will not work. The other traffic file is the one that is in the carrier addon and TTools will work with it. Best regards, Bob.

Guest qurious

The new format is very similar to the old format. The only change appears to be the way days of week and time of day are stored.

Guest lc0277

Back in FS2002, TTools v1 was open-source, and it was useful for me when I wrote an application that read parking space out of BGL files. But is it similar for TTools v2 (the one with the graphic interface for FS2004) ?

Microsoft included a tool in both the FS2004 and FSX TrafficToolBox SDK which will create a file of all airports and their parking, long with some additional data.It's the Dump Airports feature in the TrafficToolBox.dll Tools menu from within FS.