Sign in to follow this  
cgueiros

AI Flight Plans

A beginner as it relates to AI and AI flight Plans I wonder if someone could assist me on this:I have posted here inquiring as to the possibility of converting AI flight plans so that the same route could be duplicated in a FSNav flight plan, and have learned that this would be rather cumbersome and require expertise which I most certainly lack.The need for this is that I am tracking Ai aircraft with my own user aircraft using TrafficToolBox_SDK from Microsoft to follow up on the ongoing AI aircraft.(A very useful assistance obtained right here).Because of this difficulty (impossibility to me)in converting AI flight plans it occurred to me the possibility of doing it this way ' obtain the basic details of an AI flight plan (waypoints, altitude, speed, etc.) of an AI flight plan, if at all possible, so as to duplicate it in FSNav for my own aircraft, and make this tracking flight easier than it is trying to maintain identical altitude and most specially the speed for this tracking flight.Where would one find the AI flights within FS9 to note down these required details for preparing an identical flight plan with FSNav?Thanks a lot, and all the best.Clarindo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The flight plan text file has the basic information.The route - waypoints - there are only two - departure airport and arrival airport - all AI fly direct courses between their destinations. (There is a way to use fake airports to simulate patrol waypoints - but that still counts as an airport to FS)Altitude - the cruise altitude set in the flight plan,1/04:47,@1/05:55,250,F,7275,LIRF,1/06:46,@1/08:05,240,F,7274,LIPBThis aircraft will fly LIPB-LIRF at FL250 and LIRF-LIPB at FL240.One possible exception - the entire FS world has a MSA grid (Minimum Safe Altitude) if the flight leg crosses an grid rectangle with a MSA higher than the flight cruise altitude - the AI aircraft will be told to climb to the MSA.i.e. if a C172 is scheduled to fly LFPB-LIRA at FL090 - it will be told to climb to approx FL170 as it crosses the Alps.Speed - this is the problem. The speed setting in the flight plan is only an estimate used to calculate grid locations.Once the AI aircraft is initialized and appears in the FS session - it's speed is controlled by the aircraft flight dynamics, the weather and winds.Since you are using the TrafficToolBox Explorer to find aircraft - you also have the Map - which can be very useful to find and follow AI aircraft.If you just want to follow an AI aircraft, not chase it in your aircraft - there is a very good tool in the library - Traffic View Board - tvb_v2.1.zipThis tool creates an invisible aircraft and "hooks" it on behind the selected AI flight.

Thank you, Reggie, for a very complete and most helpful reply to my posting.That will help me a lot in this fascinating new world of AI for me.Appreciate your assistance.