Sign in to follow this  
Guest Airpirate47

DE-compiling a traffic file into an Excel file?

Guest Airpirate47

Does anyone know of a way or utility that will allow a user to decompile a BGL file (or convert a FlightPlans.txt file) into an XLS file, where you have columns seperating aircraft type, departure, destination, times, and weekly frequency? This is the exact opposite of what MRAI's compiler does.For instance, say I want to take United's current schedule and reintroduce DC-10s on the routes they once flew, particularly Mainland US to Hawaii. Previously I have done this by seeking out the various airports (PHNL, PHKO, etc) and just changing the associated aircraft from 757s or 767s to DC-10s. The problem now is I have DC-10s in weird places they don't belong (ATL, MHT, YVR, etc) simply because of the other flights that aircraft was associated with. I've been in and out of FS for a few years and am just wondering if any method (aside from painstaking manual entry) or tool exists to assist in this.Thanks!

Have you tried AI Traffic Mover aka AITM? I think it does about what you would do with Excel, with added benefits (such as you can display flightplans in any time zone).scott s..

Hi,I use AITM for that kind of thing as well.The Excel idea works fine when you are using the default flight plans (since they are all the same length), but typical flight plans with varying lengths don't export well.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Airpirate47

Though it took a bit of manual tweaking here and there, AITM did the job, thanks!So far I've managed to parse off several Delta 757, 767, and 777 flights to reintroduce the DC-10, L-1011, MD-11, and A310 back into the fleet while avoiding weird combinations like 777s at PDX and A310s at TPA.