Sign in to follow this  
Guest kkholidaze

Ultimate Traffic.

Hello. I'm new to AI and swapping out planes. I just bought UT because I wanted more realistic traffic at my airports. Unfortunetly, my system is dragging now FPSwise because of it. Isn't there a way I could simply swap out the AI planes I have now with other ai like Ardvark and let UT handle the whole compile and flight plan issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello!Yes, there is a way and while being "simple", does take a little bit of time. It's what I've been doing as well, in order to replace some of the UT aircraft with those from AI Aardvark. I use the Ultimate Traffic interface via "Utilities" then "Aircraft". Once the screen appears, I select the aircraft by airline (on the left-hand side) and then I browse for appropriate/corresponding aircraft on the right-hand side then "insert" or assign it in. It's slow but fairly easy work. And allows you to have more than one texture assigned. That's how you get to see all of those cool and different "tail arts" on those Frontier aircraft! Once done, compile UT and go see your new AI aircraft!Another option I would imagine would work is to simply replace the UT texture folder with a corresponding AIA texture folder, renamed exactly as the UT texture. But then you'll also need to replace the "model" folder as well. Not sure if the .air file will need replacement, though.I went with the first option, in that while it bloated my "fs9/aircraft folder, it allowed me to keep the original UT files intact, just in case if I didn't like the replacement AIA aircraft, I could quickly revert back via the UT interface again.Hope I was able to help!Alexander

Thanks for the help. So does this actually save you on frame rates? Are you using completely differet ai now or did you just add on to the ai already installed?