Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hake

TrafficDatabaseBuilder ?

Guest steviejo

Can anyone please help me work out why I cant get any output from the Traffic Database Builder in the FSX SDK. I'm running FSX under Vista(32) with Acceleration installed. I've gone through the correct previous SDK SP1 install, then uninstall sequence, to arrive at what (I think) is the correct updated Acceleration SDK. Works fine while in FS with Tools/traffic map, traffic explorer etc OK. But not when trying the TDB. I've long given up trying with customized schedules and addon aircraft types, but cant even get any traffic.bgl file creation when trying the TDB.exe with only the default FSX airports and aircraft types files. I'm running TDB exe under command prompt ("run as Admin"), have carefully cut and pasted the command syntax from the examples in the SDK instructions into .bat files (so as to avoid syntax errors), but when running the .bat under Command prompt, I get - nothing, just repeated return in Command window to the TDB header (ie. as if I was running TDB.exe without any parameters). Scrolling back up in Command window I can see the .bat has run TDB with the parameters, and it looks OK, but no output .bgl file is generated. Cant even get a log file output to see what might be going wrong. I've disabled UAC, and disabled the "read-only attribute" on the TDB Kit folder (in case any .bgl output was being blocked), but still - nothing. Any suggestions, anyone ?Thanks Stevie

My advice is to stay as far away from TDBB as possible.It is EXTREMELY difficult to 'satisfy' and leads tomore frustration than it is worth.I long ago gave up on attempting to use TDBB and instead revertedto using TTools to create my FSX AI flight plans. Once the BGLis created I run it through one of the available 'FS9->FSX' formatconversion utilities and all is well.I've often stated that TDBB appears to have been 'designed' bya commitee that never met! Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Nils79

Hi Stevie,unfortunately the example in the SDK misses to mention the '/Countries=countries_regions.csv' entry.HTH!

Yes - you have to have the Countries entry to make it work.You will also probably want to check and make sure the country "GAZA STRIP" has an entry. It did not in the first FSX SDK and created an error message. Not a stop message, but a warning.TDBB is not really well suited for realistic flightplans - but TDBB run with the /StatsDir switch is really useful for learning and understanding a lot of stuff about how FS actually works.Quite a bit of key information which we don't get from TTools.One other thing - I always run any of the command line SDK tools from a batch file - much easier to catch fat finger issues.

Guest Hake

Could you let me know what conversion utilities you use converting FS9 file to FSX. Could that be done otherway FSX -> FS9?Hannu