Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Help - Error Message

OK this is a first for me - flying over France I got this message:Unable to open file: datad002167fulltex2.rawThis was followed by a crash to desktop. I do not have a d002167 directory, so I'm guessing this refers to some pod's info. Anyone have any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I expect you know this already, but just in case not. D002167 refers to the globe tile just east of Paris. If an airport on this globe tile was Terramodeled and not yet podded, there should be a d002167 file in the data directory with the Terramodeled information. Unfortunately that's all I know. Probably not very helpful.Good luck,

Hi Bob,Yeh - that's the first place I looked, but there is no such directory. I recently added (last week) some new French sceneries. These sceneries are podded - when I opened them up, none of them had this directory (the closest was d002168 which also uses this RAW file). They all appear to be working properly.The only thing left was the TRI scenery - the only other addon I have is the original Paris scenery. I looked in the Paris psdata pod and, there it is - datad002167 referring to fulltex2.raw. Ironically, the Paris scenery doesn't even show up now. If I go to paris, there is nothing but the generic scenery - yet I have made no changes. All of the pods are in the scenery with the accompanying SCF file, so it should be there. :-(

Hi Randall,Yeah, I figured you were way ahead of me on this. Is Paris a quarter tile? I remember some posts early on about quarter tiles not showing under certain conditions. Problem is, I can't remember what the conditions were. I'm assuming Paris disappeared after the other scenery was added?If you'll give a list of the downloads, I'll load it up here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Who knows, I might stumble on something.

Randall, I had a similar message whenever I flew a plane with a fast rate of climb, like the Socata, out of Meigs. I would take off on a 360 heading, bank right climbing to a 180 heading, then bank to a 240 heading. Just after leveling out at about 5000 ft I'd get the message:"can't load texture datad192160fulltex2.raw"d192160 is the adjacent globe tile west of ChicagoWhen I reduced visibility from 60 nm to 20 nm the message didn't appear, I'm guessing because the far distance textures didn't need to load.It may be worth trying the following: add/subtract an additional degree to/from the load lower left and load upper right entries in the SCF file. That seemed to fix the above problem for me.On many occassions I have had tiles which didn't load with the standard 1 degree margin for loading. I now use a 2 degree margin for loading in all SCF files, and no longer have the problem.Incidentally, I have no Terramodels in the d192160 tile

Bob,I haven't checked the TRI Fly! II Paris high detail Terrascene's boundary areas yet - I'll take a look tomorrow afternoon as to its size. I doubt that the new sceneries I mentioned have anything to do with what happenend, but I guess stranger things have happened. Also, I consider the Paris scenery not showing a separate issue - it used to work fine, albeit as a memory hog. Now it's just disappeared.

Mark,Interesting - there is a similarity here, in that I was traveling at Mach 8.0 in the Hawker, switched exterior views with a hotkey and got dumped.I guess I should check out the load parameters in TRI's SCF file. Do you have the Chicago area Terrascened, or are you running generic textures?

Randall, I have Chicago and all surrounding globe tiles terrascened and podded and in my scenery directory. I've never looked to see what TRI uses in their SCF files. Terrascene defaults to 1 degree margins for loads, whereas I've now been using 2 degrees, which seems to eliminate the rather rare occurrance of nonloading tiles.

PS To reiterate, the problem I had in my original post was reproducible and I haven't had the problem since extending the range for loading. But I would say that "many" in my original post overstates the problem, since tiles generally do load fine most of the time with the defaults. For me, the 2 degree range for loading seems to eliminate the problem of loading entirely.

Hi Randall,If you have installed the terrascened "Corse2" you must also install "Corse1". I had the same problem before which I think was cause by installing 'corse2" only.chris