Sign in to follow this  

Fly 2K

HELP PLEASE Had to reformat my hard drive. Have loaded Fly 2K and installed patch SDK. Have installed Rob's C172sp v88 trainer, no problem. Select Rob's trainer but won't load. Always loads the Skyhawk. Where have I gone wrong?ThanksRobert J

Robert,So you're saying that you moved or copied C172spV88.epd into the Aircraft folder, and that it appears as a separate selection which won't load? Are the default Skyhawk plus the 172IFR.epd file still in the Aircraft direvtory?

Randall Rocke

Yes Randall, Should have explained that. Seems to me that one had to also delete the .hst file for the skyhawk the first time to make it work. This wasn't the answer. When I load the C172 it places .hst files for both the Skyhawk and the C172. Thanks for the help Randall, maybe this will give another clue.Robert J

The only requirement I recall is that the default files had to be in the folder before adding the v88. After starting 2K the first time after the install, I was able to load the new version.If you can't get it to work, maybe the v88 file is corrupted?

Randall Rocke

Thanks Bart,Didn't do it, but seem to remember that you had to set the pod at 0 when you put some of your terrescene scenery in. Will have to try that soon since I have a lot of that. It's got to be something simple that's being overlooked. Just the same, THANKS to you and Randall for the suggestions.Robert J