Sign in to follow this  
akriesman

Coupla' questions.

Hello all, I have a couple of questions that I'd like to ask. Firstly, dealing with Terramodels version 2.2, if I make a scenery using TM (ex, Ketchikan AK), then startup Fly!II and use the default editor to move things and add some other models, will TM pod all the models or just the ones I placed using TM? Question 2. Is it possible to use DEM data for one area in another? For instance, I would like to make Alaska a little more mountainous, but DEM's don't seem to be aviable. Can I convert a chunk of Colorado, or Washington St. DEM's and have Fly!II generate the elevations for Alaska? Is anything like this possible?Also, if anyone is working on (or has already finished) any airport sceneries for Alaska, could you contact me at mtbiker70@hotmail.com ? I'm trying to build up AK in Fly!II and I think it would be great if some of us could pool resources.Thanks for any replies.Pieter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pieter,Regarding question 1..... TM will only created POD fiels for models added with TerraModels. That is because it looks for all scenery files beginning with "TM_" in the DATA folders. Fly 2 names it's files differently.However, You can use TM to place the models, and then move the models with the Fly 2 Editor. The Editor will save the new model positions back out into the "TM_" scenery files.Allen