Sign in to follow this  

Logbook Version 1.1

Hi all!I've uploaded a much improved version 1.1 of the Advanced Logbook. This one is chock full of features including multiple logbook support, better flight recognition, Fly! II internal logbook viewing and more. It slices! It dices! It even makes julienne fries! Well, ok. Maybe not. Anyway, have a go at it, and let me know how it goes. Hopefully, we'll get everyone up and running on it with less bother this time around.Cheers, Tony

My pleasure. After you've used it a while, please provide me with ideas for improvement. I've got some ideas of my own, but am always willing to plop in the odd feature here and there. :-)Cheers, Tony

Hello Tony,huuh, I really would like to have this, but I have the same %$

OK. Let's get you up and running! The only reason the popup message won't appear is under the condition that you have no logbook opened. You won't have a logbook opened under the condition that the XML file wouldn't/won't load/save. If you have a clean system to begin with, then here's what I would do:Using the Logbook Editor, create a new logbook using File|New, and save the logbook as Fly! IILogbooksRodger.xml. After starting Fly! II, use the F6 key to get the logbook window and try to load Rodger.xml via the "Load Logbook..." button. Now what happens? If you get an error message of some kind, then there is either a problem with the XML parser or a file path problem (i.e., I'm looking for the logbook in the wrong location). Let me know what you see. And maybe I can glean enough from the logbook.dll's behavior to whip up some diagnostics that you can try for me.Cheers, Tony

Guest marcao

Hi TonyI think I did the installation correctly, and the program is saving the data, but I can't modify the pilot's information or to create a new logbook. As soon as fill the window I receive the message: run-time erro '13': Type mismatch. I hit ok and the program closes.Thanks in advanceRegards,Marco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Hi Marco,Sorry for the trouble. And thanks for pointing the problem out to me. Unfortunately, I already know about that one. It's an internationalization problem, and I'm trying to hack around it. My first attempt at fixing it didn't do what I had expected. Never fear, though, I will beat the program into submission. :-grrCheers, Tony

Hi Tony,thank you for your quick reply. It is working now!!! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 I followed your instruction and realized that I only put the lgbb.winfile in the UI/templates folder as you said in the readme. After putting the other files in there as well, everything works perfectly.Now I can open the logbook in Fly2 and can edit it with the editor. It`s just great!Thank you so much for helping again,Cheers :-beerchug Rodger

Hi Johnny,You can't do the editing in Fly! II--only in the editor. If I get really motivated, I might allow you to do the editing in Fly! II, but for now you'll have to put post-flight comments in after you've exited Fly! II.Cheers, Tony