Sign in to follow this  

Airplane import.

I have searched for weeks and could not find a single document that would explain the process of importing a finished airplane model (3DMax) into Fly! II, would somebody be able to help me out? Thanks in advance.

G'day Fan,Jean Sabatier has an excellent set of tutorials on using 3d studio max to make aircraft for Fly!II. These tutorials can be downloaded fromwww.simvol.org Even though this is a Francophone site the tutorials are in English.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes I have done a lot of research in the Developers forum and I have studied the documentation at Simvol.org. The tutorials are just amazing and of a big value to the Fly! Developer community. I might have missed it, but, the Developer forum and the www.simvol.org documentation don't explain the "link" between a finished 3D model of an airplane and the procedures to import it as a flyable aircraft into Fly! II. Again, I might have missed something, but any help would be greatly appreciated.FlyFan

Guest Hagar

If you are looking for the import/export Max plugins, you`ll find them in the library. I have exported a lot of building models from Max into Fly II, but don`t have a clue about aircraft.

Hi Andrew,Just a quick word about your Fly site. I just wanted to let you know that I think its one of the best sites Ive come across. Its informative, simple to use, kept upto date, and is a great ambassador for FLYII.Hoping you continue to do many more projects.Regards John

Guest Hagar

Thank you John, Im glad to hear that :)Its my first go at it, so I keep it as simple as possible. I`m off for Portugal for six weeks now, but will update the info about Fly II as soon as I get home.Before Christmas two Terrascened & Terrashaped airports will be uploaded, my most detailed so far. They are adjusted to the great airport sceneries from Jan and Roy.And more TS scenery is on the bedding.

G'day Fly!fan,?????You're light years ahead of me mate. I'm still trying to come to terms with 3d Max!Load the Terminal Reality plugin into 3d Max.Select export.set target directories Fly!IIart for textures and Fly!IImodels for the model.Export to Fly!II..(using the plugin)start Fly!II (with ctrl held down)enter keyframe editor and import your plane from Fly!IImodels into the editor.Hope this helps you.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

It definitely does help, thanks a lot Roger that is what I needed to know. I have done 3D modeling in my earlier years at the University and was always fascinated by it. Later when I discovered the exciting world of Flight Simulation I decided to combine those two. I am currently working on an A319 project. I will let you know the progress I make. Thanks again for your help.FlyFan