Sign in to follow this  

Texel of Netherlands Scenery

Guest Mgarmy

Your scenery looks stunning! The irony is that I was already working on Texel for quite a while using Terrascene and Terrashape to create the underlying textures. I was also working on Texel airport making custom 3D models. What got in the way to finish it was my struggle with the framerate drop my models introduced (I used FSDS), business and me starting with getting my private pilot license (inspired by Todd Klaus) :-hah It seems that I will have to pickup where I have left. I already started to re-work my Lelystad scenery as I now have more accurate photographs because I fly there every week. Soon (I hope) I will be flying to Texel as part of my training so that I can take some pictures of the airport. Thanks for your wonderful and excellent work. Would be nice if if the rest of the wadden islands are completed so that we can also land at Ameland airport!Cheers,Mannie

Mannie,That's nice work! While we are waiting on your airport scenery, how about sharing the DEX files and taxiway files for Texel with us? That way we'll at least have an airport and tarmac to fly into. :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Hi Mannie,Nice pics :DThere will be a new build of TerraShape, hopefully this week, that will fix the 'islands' problem we had before.(There's a few other new features too)Colin

Hello,the DEX Files are in my Texel File. I hope they are allright. I took them from Fly2K Texelscenery.D_Mick - Bonn/Germany

Hello Mannie,i know the airport quite well, and the pics of your models are very good. I think if you will work like this at the rest of the scenery it will be a perfect addition to the groundtiles. Sorry for your work on the groundtiles ;-).With taxiways i have problems at this time, cause the runways and the taxiways are all of grass.The place in front of the hangars and tower are made of called in german "Kopfsteinpflaster".D_Mick - Bonn/Germany

Great - if they are lining up with your scenery features, then they are probably fine.

Randall Rocke

Guest Henri W

Michael,The EHTX_APT.dex file you enclosed does not work for me in Fly! II. Importing it in VolEdit and saving it again did not help either. Therefore I had to create a new dex file for EHTX and save it. This worked. Should I upload it to the library? Also could you let me now if the NL_nav.dex that you included differs from the one with identical name that I uploaded for Fly! II on June 14 2002. I thought I had covered all missing Dutch navaids, but I saw that the file length of your file is different than mine. I did not check with VolEdit yet.Again, thank you so much for this incredible scenery. This is without doubt one of the most realistic and stunning ground sceneries available for any simulator. It is incredible to fly above it in, for instance, ROTW's PA-19.Best regards,Henri

Guest Henri W

Colin,Excellent news! Thanks already.Henri

Guest Mgarmy

Randal,I will have to re-align my taxiways first with the new scenery. What I will do is finish over the weekend the tower part and place the hangars which should not take to long and upload a alpha release. This would give us at least the chance to land somewhere and have some reference points.Mannie

Guest Mgarmy

Colin,That is good news! I still have all of my converted MS Autoroute DXF files for the rest of the islands to play with. Just to kill some past frustration, what were the issues with the TSH islands conversions?Looking forward to use the next TSH release!Mannie

Guest Mgarmy

Hi Mick,No problems, your work is simply stunning and I am happy you were ahead of me. This will require though perfect 3D models to match your scenery.Do you have any detailed pictures of the museum and para center available?I know what "Kopfsteinpflaster" is but I cannot reproduce that right now. I was hoping for the forthcoming Fly patch which should enable placement of textures using Terramodels.Mannie

Henri,It looks like Mannie's got something going on this too (which of course, he must if he's placing scenery objects on it).

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Hi Mannie,The problem was a misunderstanding of the way the water polygon has to be written (on my part).To put it simply:The islands have to be written twice into the shapefile.In the first case they are written as land polygons and then they also have to be written as 'holes' in the water polygon.I had assumed that the land polygons would superimpose over the water, but they don't!Anyway, it is fixed now and a mini-manual just for the ponetp issues will be included.Colin

Hello Manniethere are only the Airport-pics in the upload itself.I think it is not so important to make the groundtexture like reality, it has to be gray. But, important are the taxiways. It must be the look of green grass. Is that possible?Otherwise:In Terramodels it is possible to place a flat object, isn