Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

Thats IT ,I quit.! Dont want to do anything but:

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks guys ; Had a Nice time Talking to you all, But I have had enough. Trying to do things I dont understand how to do,Someone is keeping a secret, on how to make stuff Work in this sim. I`m not a programer , Just a real pilot. And to make thingswork I Dont think I`m cutout for it! I Cant even do a repaint, And AFTER Spending $ 100.00 For A paint program, That I dont understand how to use it. By the way I`ll sell this BRAND NEW; Jasc PAINT SHOP PRO ANNIVERASARY EDITION 7.0- For $89.99 Plus Shipping !!!!!! Just give an address to send it to, And it will be there. Jeff Akins Aka;pilotsim7828 :-8 :'(

Guest Javier

Hey! hold on a second!! You are the guy who encouraged me to find the way to make Dynamic Trucks move.. you can't quit, that is not acceptable!If you can't paint a job don't worry, I didn't learn in a day, week or month, it is a slow and painful process but once you get it you will be the proudest pilot on the net.If you are a pilot then enjoy FLYing the great repaints, sceneries and new planes for FLY!If you want to contribute ( more ) to the fly community let me know if the file I sent to your e-mail worked O.K. that would help me to know if I can stat building scenery with dynamic trucks included.See you around.

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks for the kind words , but this is getting to be a pain for me. I know it`s a long process Went to KORD, And did the same things as in your tutorial. And when i went back to that airport there wasnt even a Truck on the tarmac, Not even in the editor mode ! It seems to me that you and much more people have more knowlegde than meets the eye. I`m glad i pushed you to get things going, And just think: Your the proud author of makeing Dynamic Scenery a reality! I downloaded the python 2.2.1 thinking that it would help But that seems a bit out of reach also? Until i read it all and understand it. It would help if I could understand Fly!`s code also Thank you Javier Youre the best!!!!!!!! Jeff Akins :-smile12

Hi JeffJust started repainting four months ago.This week I will publish my fourth repaint of the Pa19.So Leen de Jager is a wonderboy???NO NO NO just a 51 years old cycleshopkeeper from Holland.No special talents, but some great people like Grant Millikan (Australia),Jean Sabatier and Ren

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Jeff, Mate I sympthathize with your frustration. I'm currently battling away trying to understand the intricasies of 3d modeling so that I can make an aircraft model for fly II. The learning curve for me is horrendously steep, I have no previous graphics/arts/3d modeling experience, but I WANT to make an aircraft model for Fly II. So there's nothing for it but to load a 3d modeling program and start seeing what keys/icons do what. So you are not Robinson Crusoe Jeff. EVERY contributor to Fly! beit Scenery, aircraft, modeling or utilities have all had this learning curve to get through. I know it's the frustration Jeff but I can assure you that no one is keeping secrets. You couldn't wish for a better bunch of blokes. Fly! II has been out now for 2 years and some of the best brains in the sim world have looked at the path modeling for Fly! II and come up blank. When you posted that you had it working in the editor you created a renewed interest which ultimately (thanks to Javier) will have a far greater effect on Fly than any repaint. Just imagine aircraft taxiing, or even better doing circuit and bumps. The statton island ferry and barges on the hudson, all the airport traffic. The future is going to be quite exciting. Don't give up on Fly! Jeff. Take a break and just enjoy the flying side and when you again feel the yen to be creative come back and have another go at repaints or whatever.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Dont do it Jeff, what your feeling is what we all feel.My head is popping at the moment through stress, as I suffer from depression, and have done for 6 years now...No job...Not much money...But Fly II and this comunity has kept me going, and one of them is you. Please note I have sorted out my Paint shop problem and I will still take you through what I have leanrt.Check your email later.Your friendStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Jeff when I look at python it looks like klingon to me, I learnt really quick how to sort out html,dhtml,javascript & so on for my web design but all this is .... well klingonLive long and prosperStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest chezz

Hi Jeff,I understand your frustration about re-painting. I myself have been through the process that you're going through (spent hours in re-painting). Learning to do new thing is not easy especially when nobody's beside you to give a hand, but don't you worry there are willing FLY'ers to help you accomplish your goal. I'm still learning to re-paint aircraft and terrascening (my Hongkong scenery is still on hold) which until now I have'nt finished one yet but I enjoy the learning process and the challenge of discovering/learning new stuff. I know one of this days I will be able to share my work to the FLY community. In the meantime why don't you give yourself a break and just FLY around (there are excellent aircraft and sceneries you can download from the Avsim Library) and when you feel you have the energy to start you project then try it again.Happy FLYing.chris salviejo rpll

Guest Bart

Hang in there Jeff :), once you get past the learning curve it gets better :)First question is how well do you know PSP? Most of the frustration might be from having to learn how the paint program works before tackling the repaints. :-jumpy Baby Steps Baby steps :-jumpyI have PSP 6.0 and can help you alot with how the program works, I use to make my panels in nothing but Paint Shop using the shadowing, bevels etc to give them a 3d effect. One thing that might help you out is if you have Fly 1.0 still around start by repainting the Skyhawk. Make yourself a color map of the plane you want to paint before you try doing any detail. Highlight one of the sections on the map and paint it hot pink, hightlight another section and paint it pucky green, then another and paint it yellow, etc etc, then print out a copy of the color map. Convert it back to a raw/act (for Fly 1.0), dump it in the art folder, fire off Fly and see what part of the map covers which part of the plane by matching up the colors.Drop me an email or better yet if you have ICQ send me your ICQ number and we can hook up one night.Check out some of the tutorials on my site, they're geared more for panels but there are a few tricks for PS listed in there.http://home.fuse.net/bartsflyplace/index.htmlAlso something I learned back in the old days when I first starting working with Fly 1.0 is drink heavily before starting to work on anything...it's helps! *:-*I'm working on being a pilot and know how Paint Shop works...You're a pilot and working on how to use Paint shop...think of the possibilities!!! :-eekc ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest DSandberg

I've never done a repaint myself, so I can't give you any specific advice there, but I can probably help with many general questions about Paint Shop Pro if you feel like giving it another shot. (Although I'm with them no longer, I did spend a number of years with Jasc as a developer working on that program ... I had quite a lot to do with that Anniversary Edition you've got.)- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Ok , Ok. I just thought back, When i was learning to fly! When i was taking Ground school and , My brain would not take Anymore Learning, that`s when I would stop for a while. All real pilots go through long processes of ground traing, and when there is so much to Learn, that the brain stops Wanting to learn ! It`s what you call, a learning plateu. You learn so much, And then it levels off for a period of time. Thats ,where i think I`am at ,right now! .....I DO WANT TO LEARN MORE...... maybe, Todd Klaus when through the same thing, As I. But I dont think i would leave all of the nice guy`s here. No ,it`s not that easy, I know . But the break would help for a bit- also, I would come back to it for sure! Thanks to: Javier , Steve Brown , Leen3232cs , Roger Mazengarb , Chezz , Bart-(your post is a good one) , David Sandburg_ David & Bart, your probabbly the most help in need, for psp7.0 THANK YOU ALL... for your support. JEFF AKINS And i will be back -- By the way Javier, I did not get your e-mail on the code you sent me ( had to upgrade my outlook express 5.0 To 6.0 to fix e-mails) Let`s keep in touch rakins@chater.net :-spacecraft

Guest DSandberg

You're absolutely correct of course ... taking a break from a task for a while can be a great way to help yourself get past a tough hump, rather than just continuing to bang your head against it in frustration. E.g., I couldn't count the number of times I've spent hours struggling with some programming problem ... but then when I walk away from it for a while, after I finally return to the task later on the answer will have magically become almost obvious.- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier look at the e - mail attachment. Still did not recieve Attacthment was not included. Jeff Akins

Guest Bart

"Bart-(your post is a good one) "Which part...the :-jumpy baby steps baby steps :-jumpy or the driking heavily? :)Ground school for me was a breeze, only had .8 hours of instruction and got 100% on the written, did a lot of home study. My learning plateau hit with the crosswind landings, so to get over it I went up solo on a day a few weeks ago with winds var 210 - 160 13k/g19...runway headings were 23 @ MWO and 24 @ ISZ, my first landing at MWO the wind was coming from 210 at about 10 kts, right at the flare it switched to around 180-170 and had a nice gust to it, somewhere between 210 and 180, and keeping the right wingtip from scraping the ground I got past my plateau, and left a nice shoe imprint in the right rudder pedal :)...course when I got back home my smart a$$ CFI smiled and asked if that was a "stress" bead rolling down my face, said nope, tears of joy from all my beautiful landings today :-rollDrop me a mail when you feel like driking heavily...err working on the repaints again and we can pound out the PSP stuff, once you get the paint program down the repaints are really pretty easy and fun after you get the first one out of the way, the color maps help alot. I think the first one I ever did was of the Skyhawk in Fly 1.0, made it hot pink with purple pokodots. :-jumpyc ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg