Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

FS Import and Simflyers

Guest Dean

I can convert Simflyers EWR to Fly II but for the life of me I cannot get it to convert DFW. Has anybody successfully converted any other Simflyer airports? If your not familiar with Simfyers they make outstanding airports for FS2002. They are frame rate killers but beautiful in their detail. I would consider buying more for Fly II but if I can't convert them I would hesitate to purchase them just for FS2002.

Hi Dean,I own SimFlyers - KPHL, KIAD, KATL, KEWR, KDFW, KMCO and KLAX. I've been able to sucessfully convert all of them.I did notice after teleporting to KDFW it took a while for the airport to display, but it did display.When running DS Import how long does the KDFW conversion take? Mine took approx 45 sec to 1 minute.Bob Lyddy

Would you mind posting a couple of pics of those conversions.This is making me want to reinstall fly and the 757 badly but I would like to see a pic of the simflyers stuff before hand .Lastly are the FPS ok ? Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest Dean

>Hi Dean, >>I own SimFlyers - KPHL, KIAD, KATL, KEWR, KDFW, KMCO and >KLAX. I've been able to sucessfully convert all of them. >>I did notice after teleporting to KDFW it took a while for >the airport to display, but it did display. >>When running DS Import how long does the KDFW conversion >take? Mine took approx 45 sec to 1 minute. >Bob,When I converted EWR it took about 20-30 seconds and I wind up with a pod about 13 meg. When I convert DFW I get a pod about 3 meg and only the jetways appear in the scenery. For some reason the rest of the models do not convert. EWR was basically point and click for me. Did you have to do anything different to convert DFW?

Guest Javier

When you installed FLY! II Did you installed the detailed DFW scenery from TRI? Before this great utility was released I was playing with a particular airport ( you know adding some default models ), that created a folder under the ..FLY IIDATA subfolder, I was not able to import the MSFS scenery using FSI until I deleted the corresponding folder under DATA. For Detailed Scenery installed during FLY's setup, I think you will have to remove it from the SHARED subfolder. But I am not sure, I haven't tried, it is just a sugestion.It would help to know if those who were able to import DFW without problems had the default detailed DFW scenery installed.Hope this works for you.Javier.

Guest Dean

Bob,Where did you get your bgl.zip? I've tried everything else trying to convert D/FW.

Dean,Did you do a search for wbgl zip for the AVSIM library? If so, and it appears to not work, FlightSim.com has the zipfile. It works. :-)By the by - for curiosity, I converted the SimFlyers' ATL scenery (demo version). They will be happy to know that the demo stuff converts over, and in fact cannot be removed from the converted scenery with the scenery editor! The T Terminal did not quite line up with the Tarmac, and most of the taxiway signs were located on the taxiways. I didn't quite have time, and wondering if those can or cannot be moved to proper places.Cheers,Ken WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Richard,I'll post some screenshots ina bit, after I learn how to.the FPS are not bad. I'm seeing 15 - 18fps using the default render.ini on an AMD 1800XP with 768mb ram and WinXP Home.Bob

Hi Dean,I didn't do anything different with KDFW. I do agree with Javier if you already have the custom KDFW installed then you'll need to remove it or I beleive the FSImport readme covers this topic, somewhat.Bob Lyddy

Guest Dean

>Hi Dean, >>I didn't do anything different with KDFW. I do agree with >Javier if you already have the custom KDFW installed then >you'll need to remove it or I beleive the FSImport readme >covers this topic, somewhat. >I saw Javier's comment but I have to confess that I'm not familiar with a custom KDFW Fly II installation option. The only installation options I had were related to TS2 high res scenery for San Francisco, NY and DC.

Guest Dean

>Dean, >Did you do a search for wbgl zip for the AVSIM library? If >so, and it appears to not work, FlightSim.com has the >zipfile. It works. :-) >>By the by - for curiosity, I converted the SimFlyers' ATL >scenery (demo version). They will be happy to know that the >demo stuff converts over, and in fact cannot be removed from >the converted scenery with the scenery editor! The T >Terminal did not quite line up with the Tarmac, and most of >the taxiway signs were located on the taxiways. I didn't >quite have time, and wondering if those can or cannot be >moved to proper places. Ken,I think I did search the AVSIM library for bgl.zip and came up empty. I did download the MS scenery SDK for FS2000 and got a copy of bgl.zip from the SDK. I'm thinking it might be a different version than what Bob is using. It's funny that DFW is the only airport giving me a hard time.As far as moving the objects, I haven't tried it yet but somebody in a different post said you can use the editor to move things around.