Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Passing the Baton

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Vin:PMDG's generosity in "passing" the workings of what appears to be a wonderful little aircraft to the creativity and programming skills of ROTW is appreciated. I'm sure my opinion is shared with fellow Fly!ers.Has your team considered enabling ROTW (or other able-bodied programmers) to take your flagship Boeing products a step further? In PMDG's 10/22 post in your forum, PMDG states that little or no development will occur with these two Fly!2 products, and as such, the few minor bugs may never be addressed. For example: >> On the B757, the night-textures "bug" is the most serious, I think you'll agree.>> On the B777, tail and wing lights do not actually project onto the tail and wings, but rather into mid-air. There may be a few others, but as a regular flyer of these two beautiful birds, addressing those two "bugs" (with the 757 problem a higher priority by a lot) would be big plusses. ROTW may be in a position to do so.Your team's thoughts?-DKPS: I am aware from reading your posts that the 757 problem is technically not a problem with the PMDG aircraft, but rather the interaction between the 757 code and a feature that has not yet been fully implemented in Fly!2. But despite that, with some coaching ROTW may be able to work-around that issue given the knowledge of the 757 code. They seem to be able to navigate around the Fly!2 API's with ease.----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,The night bug you mentioned is a product of Fly!II, and wont be fixed unless the beta team comes up with a fix in their next patch. As far as the 777 is concerned, it does not support any night lighting at all, so although the lights shine on the tail, the tail does not illuminate.There have been some posts on these issues. Feel free to check in with the PMDG forum for any updates on these issues.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Hi Vin,at ROTW, we are ready, but.... where is this beautiful "baton"? We are in hurry to get it.:-hmmm Do I have miss something?rene@simvol.org

Thank You Vin, and the rest of the PMDG Team.That is a highly commendable act. :-)Regards,Joe :-waveHere are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc