Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan

I was cleaning out my hard drive, and guess what I foun

Hello everybody.Some old files showed up of my Bell407el2.For thoseinterested I uploaded it today.It's a further development of my earlier Bell407 el (electronic displays)This one with working cycliccentering light.Only light up when cyclic stick is in a position farout from center.Also possible to run engine at ground idle(bearly)Thenit's easier to perform autorotations without shutting down the engine.It's not perfect,but IMO better than default.As you can see from pic.the CC light is on during a bank.Should be avoided in real life.Hopefully it works on your PC's too :) Thanks to the ROTW team for thedatafiles needed for the light to work.Jan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Jan!I want helos, many helos please :-)Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

Hi Jan;I down loaded your beautiful Bell 407el and I'm running into a problem. Using the E key to start,the engine turns over and the blades rotate and continues to increase in speed then it just shuts down and keeps trying to restart over and over with out any ignition. I never have had a startup as yet after many tries. Is there something I am not doing or something I am doing wrong? I have no problem with your other Bell 407, it runs great. I would appreciate any help you can offer,sure would like to fly this bird.Phil

Hello Phil.Thanks for downloading the helo.I'm not quite sure what theproblem might be, but do you have full realism settings on? Also makesure that you rotate the throttle to max, and back to 50% after youhit the E key.You could try a manuel start to see if it is going anybetter.If you had a unsucsessful start I belive you also need to resetthe throttle to cutoff before any new start can be done.Anyone elsehaving the same problem?Or any solutions :)JanI tried on my own PC now, and get the same result you had...when I don't rotate the throttle to full and then back to idle(50%)Maybe Iwasn't clear in the readme file but ground idle is the 50% mark on thethrottle, not the idle mark.If you move it to full and back,it will stop at 50.To roll it back further you need to push the detent button,but then the engine stops.I didn't change the graphics for the throttle this time, so it don't look right.Maybe next update.

Jan;Advancing the throttle and then bringing it back to 50% did the trick. I had the throttle set at 20% while trying a start before. I do have the Low Rotor RPM light on all the time regardless of throttle setting once the engine is started. The Bird flys just great. Thanks for another winner. Hope you can come up with another Helo sometime in the future.Phil

Phil.I'm happy you got it working :) When on ground idle the low RPMlight should be on,but when you want to take off you advance the throttle to the 60 mark.I hope you don't see the low RPM when you areout flying :-hahJan