Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

Metar

Guest jjlobo

Sorry, my English is not good. Any way. Its hard to develop for Fly!. Congratulations for your effort and results...I wouldn't expect this amount of discussion around the original simple question. Its greate. There are a lot of interrested people. I'm sure Fly! will survive.....___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest DSandberg

I've not dabbled with custom clouds since the days of Fly2K and Sky!. But if things haven't changed much, then the custom cloud set probably gets used in place of the default clouds irregardless of whether the weather conditions are generated from METARs or some other method. The precise results depends entirely upon the cloud set. In Fly2K, for example, it was quite possible to design a "broken" cloud set that was visually more of a "few" or "scattered" layer ... with such a custom cloud set loaded, a broken layer reported by METARs probably wouldn't look right in the sim.[br][br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

Tony,I use nothing but Jure's sets and I can verify that they represent the metar results very well, as long as you are not using the "Big Mamas". The Mamas really require manual settings for the best results.However, if you combine Jure's Broken and Few & Scattered sets, then load a metar, you will (IMHO) get a much more realistic and beautiful result than the default! :-)

Randall Rocke