Sign in to follow this  

HELP - Autothrottle for Fly!2K, Logbook for Fly!II

It's my hope to not be a pain in this forum.. however, if anyone could possibly help in any of these areas I would greatly appreciate your help and assistance.1) I recently purchased the Fly!2K Jewel Case Edition for PC after having had the full version on my Mac for some time. I was able to transfer over both the 757 and 767 to the PC version and, subsequently, downloaded the appropriate PC updates for each aircraft. I'm having no problems with the 757, however, the A/T for the 767 doesn't seem to want to work. I can now select the speed and the FD button clicks, but nothing happens. I realise that Fly!2k is from quite awhile ago but hopefully someone may have a possible answer.2) I just installed the recent final patch for Fly!II and still can't get the Advanced Logbook to work (but I couldn't get it to work before that anyway). There's been other posts in this forum that there seems to be problems with that and just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.3) Lastly -- with all these fine repaints of the 757 coming out... is there a tutorial available on how to create these masterpieces??? I've attempted repaints before but the directions which were provided, at least to me, didn't seem to make any sense. There are many liveries that I would like to share with the community (mostly classic versions of existing airlines and others that have been out of business for awhile)... and not only for the 757, but also the DC-9, 727, 747 and, well, hec... all of 'em! Annnnd... if anyone would happen to know how to create (if even just a repaint) a DC-10 out of an existing aircraft, that would be most fabulous!!!Thank you in advance for your assistance!!!John BauderFly!2K MAC & PC/Fly II PCPalm Springs, California, USA (KPSP)johnlbauder@aol.com

G'day John,Happy New Year mate and welcome the the Fly! forum.Please don't consider yourself a pain as the purpose of this forum is for the benefit of all Fly! users, especially those having problems.I'm sorry that I can't be of help re anything to do with Macs or PMDG aircraft but check your email as I have sent you a copy of a paint tutorial that used to be on a now defunct flight sim site.edit: I vaguely recall a post from you some time ago. There is a bit of a learning curve ahead but it's NOT that difficult. Hopefully you have Photoshop as your graphics program.Just start at page 1 and work your way through. If at any stage you don't understand then either post in the forum or email me direct and I'll do my best.If you have any further questions then don't hesitate to ask.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

John,As I recall, the PMDG Update 1.2 patch came out after updates to Fly!I believe you'll need to have Fly!2K patched up to the SDK 1.01.88 "User" or "Developer" level - the patch is available in the file library.After that, install the PMDG 1.2 Update which corrects or activates the speed dial, autothrottles, and autobrake.

Randall Rocke

Daw....I tried to download the patches yesterday, but I got a "no such file error"????

P.S.The Logbook has never functioned in Fly!II, and was not one of the items addressed in the patches.

Randall Rocke

Hi JohnI was the one that previously posted a question re: Advanced Logbook add-on by Tony Crider as well as Advanced Checklist. I received one confirmation that neither one was working properly after the latest patch and zero confirmations that these were working. Previous to the patch, I had both working and was racking up the recorded flight hours. The benefits of the latest patch outweigh these add-ons (IMHO). Maybe Tony (or some other highly skilled programmer) will be able to correct these at some future date when he has time.As Randall states, the base Fly! II logbook has never worked properly.RegardsRobert