Sign in to follow this  

Update from Tara Harvey

Guest ftessler

After not hearing much about Richard's health for a few weeks, I've been dreading this news. Our love and prayers are with Richard and his family.Sincerely,Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

"Out of the clear blue of the western sky...."Back in the 50's when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old, my favorite show on television was Sky King. Then I got a year or two older and a friend told me Santa Claus wasn't real and then Sky King went off the air. Well, I now know the truth, Richard Harvey is both, Santa in his sleigh and Sky King in his Cessna. Thank you Mr. Harvey and god bless... Don Bishop

Guest chezz

Tara,Four days ago I've been wanting to post a question in this forum how is Richard doing these days and when I check this forum tonite I read your short message. My prayers goes with you and your family and with Richard. Thank you for sharing Richard with us. I believed countless lives has been touched by Richard's unselfishness even in the midst of his sufferings. I never met Richard personally but I know I'll get to see him in heaven.Thank you.chris salviejorpll

Thanks for taking the time to let us know this Tara. It's difficult to know what to say, but you, Rich and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.Matthew.

Thanks for the sad update. When reading these messages, you can see that they come from all over the world! I mean I'm writing from Geneva Switzerland, you can see how much Richard's efforts to make Fly have worked!! And take for example the ROTW who dedicate time to contribute more and more to what Richard has started, and all that for free!God bless you and may peace be with all of you(Reverence)

Very sad news indeed....I wish you and your family strength and all the best.Greetings from germany.Rodger

Guest Philip Olson

Tara, Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and sharing this news with us. I am truly saddened to hear this, I never had the honor of meeting Richard but I can honestly say that he is one of the very few people in this world that I truly respect and look up to. Richard, thanks for sharing your dream with us, my life is better because of you. Tara thanks for sharing Richard with us and understanding his dream. As others have said if there is anything that you or Richard need we are here for you, you two have given so much to us that it would be an honor to repay you in some small way if you needed something. I hope that you have some really special moments as a family over the coming days, in many ways we will be there with you as an extended family. I wish you both peace, happiness and all of the blessings from God, your friend,Philip Olson

Hi Tara,Here's a big hug... Rich has touched our hearts in so many ways and has such an incredibly loving and strong family. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Rich and your daughter. Thank you for letting us know about Rich's health.Kindest regards,Peter

Tara,Our prayers are with you, Richard, and your family.May God give you all the strength and support through thismost difficult time.Please know that it is because of Richard Harvey that MANYpeople have been introduced to a whole new world of aviation.Know that he has made a significant and positive impact onmany lives because of his creative talents.More importantly, Richard has made the MOST significant impactany person can make while here on earth - understanding thereal importance of life and family.God Bless!JerryG

Richard,thank you for putting together such a dedicated team and making the creation of the Fly! series possible. When I was younger, I had the time to pilot myself but I cannot afford the time any more. Other simulators did little to recreate the feeling of being in the cockpit again, therefore I was most surprised when I picked up the original Fly!. For the first time I was going through switches and gauges as if they were real - and they are, they are keeping my dream alive to this day. Whether I will find my way into a real cockpit again or not, your "baby" has kept me in touch with what I loved since I was a little boy - flying. Thank you so much for that.I hope it is not too late for you to spend precious time with your family and I hope that it will be possible for you to be close to your loved ones even after the day that everyone of us has to go. However near that day may be for you, I wish that until then you may experience all that life can give. Thank youChris