Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

P 51 Mixture control.Which FLY11 button setting?

The ROWT Flight Manual recommends using a joystick button setting for Mixture Control(red lever),page 22.From the list in FLY11,which would be the best choices?Mixture DownMixture UpMixture Full RichMixture Full LeanMixture Power(Economy)I'm not managing the engine fuel system correctly as it cuts. out after about 5 minutes of flying.Where is the Fuel Booster switch?Rodger.(Thankyou ROWT team for a magnificant effort)

G'day Rodger,>From the list in FLY11,which would be the best choices? >>Mixture Down >Mixture Up >Mixture Full Rich >Mixture Full Lean >Mixture Power(Economy) I'm not sure that this is the best way to go but if you go this way then 2 buttons will be needed for Mixture up and mixture down. This way you will have total incremental control of mixture.Edit: I'm only using the mouse for mixture and it seems that there are only two positions (just toggles from one extreme to the other - can't drag the mixture lever)so I'm not sure you will get incremental control. In which case maybe any of the above selections will toggle the mixture.Give one a try and see what happens :-)>I'm not managing the engine fuel system correctly as it >cuts. out after about 5 minutes of flying. Are you monitoring your temps?? Sounds like it might possibly be an overtemping problem. >>Where is the Fuel Booster switch? lower left of the panelHappy flyingCheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger,Many thanks.It seems the mouse is the best choice, as mixture control is either on or off.I will check temp control as you suggested.With this aircraft if you don't understand,you get punished and rightly so!!!!Any news on Danny Vicker's Sydney scenery?Rodger.

G'day Rodger,Yeah I use the mouse also as it does only toggle mixture and is easy to operate without distracting too much from flying the aircraft.Another possible cause of engine going quiet is not monitoring the fuel situation. I had just such an experience but luckily I was at 10,000 ft and reselected the other tank and got the engine going again.Funny you should mention Danny Vickers. I have been sitting on 150 Australian airports all populated with terramodels, aircraft, trees, hangars etc but haven't heard a whisper from Danny. We were going to do half each. Danny has done the taxiways for them but unfortunately hasn't uploaded to the library.All the above was months ago and haven't heard from Danny since.Don't know anything about Sydney though. At one stage Danny was indicating here in the forum that it was almost finished.I'm going to have a go at Terrascening Sydney, but I've got a HUGE learning curve in front of me.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest rene_35

For all Mustang pilots,I have forgotten a very important thing in the manual:we have implemented a special function with the F10 key.Not to use this key may cause some trouble in the cockpit specially in summer time.Have good flights,

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hey! I forgot to press CTRL-F10 and just lost my scarf!!! ;-)Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Roger,Good luck with your TS.My attempts at Terrascening Sydney were failures.I couldn't remove a huge island I created off Botany Bay!!!!!The coast line up to Coffs Harbour was recognisable,but I was unable to install any roads or other features.I have just bought Photoshop 7(using Classroom in a Book), but Pascal's enhanced scenery is beyond my capabilities.Questions.1 Do you pre-trim the rudder to counteract prop effect at take-off?2 Is manifold pressure controlled using the throttle?3 The ROTW fuel gauge in aircraft does not read the same as the FLY drop-down fuel window.Rodger.

>1 Do you pre-trim the rudder to counteract prop effect at >take-off? You should......... but I really don't feel a forceful pull to the left, to push right pedal against. That's always been a "FLY" negative, IMO.>2 Is manifold pressure controlled using the throttle? I hope so :)L.Adamson

G'day Rodger,YYYAAABBBBAAAAAA DDAABBBBAAAAAAAAAAA DDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-jumpyMy very first attempt at terrasceney hot off the press. 15 miles radius from YSSY.Still has the watery runway problem though. :-(Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest rene_35

Hi Larry,we are looking at the prop effect, it seems there is a possibility to use it, but the good parameter is not easy to find.Sure, manifold pressure is controlled with the throttle!

Rene,Thankyou for your replies in this forum.You must be very busy answering posts with a P51 connection.It is appreciated.Today I adjusted the propellor control and the throttle to keep the manifold pressure between 30/40 Hg,to cruise as recommended in the manual.(When all else fails read the manual!!!)I was able to fly for 30 minutes before the engine failed.As I was at 7000 ft,I assume it could not be a cold carburetor problem.(Sydney was hot today..... only joking.) Each day I learn a little more.I have been able to cheat,when using other aircraft by turning off the Advanced Realism Options,not so with your P51!!!I have a neighbour who is a Qantas 747B Simulator Instructor.He is very impressed with your cockpit detail.Once again thanks for a magnificent effort. The ROTW TEAM; So much pleasure ,for so many, by so few.Rodger.

Roger,Who's a clever boy then!!!!I was disappointed with the detail I got with the Harbour and Botany Bay,when compaired to Danny Vickers scenery.I think he used a different system to generate his FLY 2k effort,had sand on the beaches and every bay in the Pittwater area.He said it was very time consuming.Love that QANTAS livery.Rodger.

G'day Rodger, >>Who's a clever boy then!!!! Todd Klaus !!! and he's an absolute genius :-)>I was disappointed with the detail I got with the Harbour >and Botany Bay,when compaired to Danny Vickers scenery. The texture sets for Fly!/Fly!2k are different to those for Fly! II.>I think he used a different system to generate his FLY 2k >effort,had sand on the beaches and every bay in the >Pittwater area. Almost certainly hand painted. Andy Dales NZAA shows just what can be achieved if you have the talent and patience. >Love that QANTAS livery. It's in the Library :-) as "Qantas pilot training livery". Do a search under QANTAS.Cheers,roger @YSSY

Alejandro,What is the effect when you use... CTRL- F10,in the P51.I am unable to see any response.Regards Rodger.

Guest Fly II Pilot

It can only be seen from the outside...(don't want to give it away, try it...)Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB