Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

Help with Fly 2 newbie

HI!I have just installed Fly2 and the 210 and 240 patches. I am trying to find out info about using Terrascene to create scenery. I have followed the links in the tutorial post, but they do not work. Where can I find the version of Terrascene I need for Fly 2? I had Fly and had created some TS secenry before, but all was lost 2 computers ago.Thanks,Aaron

Guest Fly II Pilot

Aaron:It should be in Avsim's Terminal Reality / TRI Fly! II / Terrascene File Library. This link will show you all the files available there:http://library.avsim.com/index.php?CatID=F...&Go=Change+ViewYou can download Terrascene 2.1 from here:http://library.avsim.com/sendfile.php?DLID=12437Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

You need TerraScene 2.1Do a search in the library with the file name:ts21-full.zip for the full versionts21-update.zip if you have already 2.0 installedAt first start, TS will ask if you want to extract Fly! II generic textures. Say yes.Create a project (it's a wizard) and select Fly! II texture set when asked. Other texture sets from HITW are not available anymore.TS is really easy to use, and the TS manual is well done and contains all necessary informations. If you have any problems, ask here.BTW, the tutorial with broken link was made by me, and it's for people who are Photoshop challenged. It's in no way for a standard TS usage.Best regards!Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128