Sign in to follow this  

I've conquered Everest!!!! A million thank you's Todd

Hi Rodger,First of all, thank you for the nice paint. I downloaded your jet and it shines! Very nice work! :-D"Have you heard of a cure for the watery runways/taxiways?"Well, I used Ground Transformer and sliced a new watermask with new ground textures and it works! Rio doesn't have this problem anymore! :-DBTW I created a new folder called COAST in Fly!'s main dir and put the .GTP files in it.Good luck,Keyton Cabral

Guest Colins2

Roger,TerraShape will let you change the actual underlying coastline database. It is not the easiest task, but it is relatively straightforward.If you get the file called 'Extra Documentation' from my site, it explains how I 'fixed' Nice (Cote d'Azur) airport.You also will probably need GTT, but that's covered also.I'm still writing the new manual which will have all the details.CheersColinMy Site

G'day Colin, I now have Terrashape installed and working, but have one small problem. If I select Shapefiles/covert shapefile to DXF file, the open file box has the file type DXF and thus I can't load the shape file? How do I get the shape file into terrashape in order to convert it to a DXF file?? ( I'm using the 1.2b exe)I'll make a hard copy of the manual and have a good look through it as I'm sure the answers will all be there. :-) As usual I have been in far too much of a hurry to sit and absorb the manual contents. I will download your extra documentation as Keyton has also had success with Rio airport doing something similar to what you are describing. If I can get Sydney runways/taxiways solid that'll be terrific.No hurry regarding the manuals. Take all the time you need. There's no rush, I have all the time in the world.I got to learn a bit about cad programs now :-) Thanks for all your help; I really appreciate it.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Keyton,>Well, I used Ground Transformer and sliced a new watermask >with new ground textures and it works! Rio doesn't have this >problem anymore! :-D That sounds like a cure for Sydney alright! About a year ago I experinented with ground transformer but always the water was added over the top of the land by the water mask. So a new water mask it is.>BTW I created a new folder called COAST in Fly!'s main dir >and put the .GTP files in it. Thanks very much for showing me the way. As soon as I get up to speed with the cad program I will give it a try :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger,Please let me know if works or not, ok?Good luck,Keyton Cabral

Guest Colins2

G'day Roger,It's supposed to do that :)Seriously, I suppose that the dialog could be better named, but what it's asking for is the name of your dxf file first.If it's a new file, then no problem, but you can import your shapefile data into an existing dxf, so TerraShape wants to know that first so that it can scan the existing file for conflicting layer names etc.If this is your first one, just make up an appropriate name with .dxf extension and follow the dialogs. I thought that this was covered in the existing manual, it definitely will be in the new one.The version should be 1.2.1.15, that was the last build that I uploaded.CheersColin