Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

memory helps a _lot_

I just upgraded my system from a (meager?) 392 Mb, to a studly 1 Gb.Huge difference in how Fly2 performs. No more stuttering around turns, view switching is instantaneous even when running 5/18 high/med view distances, and everything just seems to hum along a lot better.Quite recommended. RAM is dirt cheap these days anyway.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm used to getting no replies to posts, but to get no views is just sad :) hehe

Aw shucks, never mind. Seems my browser had an old cache of that page that still listed "0 views", so it looked funny.'Tis not my day...

Yep Mad.... after all - size does matter...Add to it a new (mine...) 2GHz P iv, and a Gainward Geeforce 4 128MB, and I feel like never before. As a matter of fact, after a PC disk crash two days ago, I reinstalled Fly! 2 and am using the vanilla "render.ini". No more tweaking for me... what the default install sets is already more than sufficient - sofar...

Madmax,Don't worry, it's just a bug in the forums. It doesn't mean that nobody viewed you message. :-)Advices like this are always useful to the community!BTW, I'm just in the preocess of upgrading my old system, I hope everything goes fine. (-: Cheers!Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128