Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

I just have to say....

that FSImport has to be one of the coolest flight sim freeware applications I have ever seen. It completely ranks up there with Terrascene, Terramodels, Sky! for Fly!2k and everything the ROTW team has produced. FSI is simply amazing. I have dozens and dozens of add on ports for FS2k2, most of them in Alaska and Canada. Until recently, 99% of my bush flying has been in FS2k2, but now, with FSI, I have more then 50 bush sceneries in my beloved Fly!II world. I am such a happy flyer.Thanks so much to everyone who is helping make Fly! the most sim it can be.Pieter.

Guest Javier

Yes I agree, and we all are lucky to have a guy like Padriac with us in this community. Hats of to him!! :7 his a talented and a very patience person.

Thanks Dondo,It is nice to hear that FSI is working for you.I am trying to keep up with the threads.I know there is some confusion about FSI, its installation, files, options, ...This springs from many sources- the README.TXT is only in English- incorrect installation - inexperience with the installation of FS ADD-ONs- bugs in FSI - v1.03 WIN98 - unexpected FS BGL stuff- the limitations of Fly! (static updates of models/databases)- the fact that I cannot give all my time to FSI- answering questions on threads/tutorials is very difficult- a company has management/resources/targets but also overheadsSome of these problems can be avoided by reading the README.TXT. I must say again that NOBODY likes writing readmes but it is worth it to read them.I cannot spend all day working on FSI. The people at Microsoft get paid (well) for such jobs! BGL interpretation is no easy thing. I have seen other sims looking for something similar. I believe that it is absolutely necessary to use the huge potential of ADD-ON FS sceneries out there to jump start a sim - FS has a huge advantage here. Nicer would be the ability to dynamically interpret BGLs and bypass the FSI generation stage. I do not think that this is possible under Fly!II especially the databases.MDL - The attachment is a little screenshot of a converted MDL being used as a "dynamic runway" model. A touch of nostalgia, with a few bits still missing!Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest tonyc

Padraic, does this picture mean that we will be able to convert fs dynamic scenery only? If so, it's exciting.tony

FS dynamic scenery interpretation ? Not quite, although that would also be possible. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that FS sceneries tend to have less dynamic objects but rely more and more on "artificial intelligenge" (AI). The advantage is that no programming is necessary on the part of the scenery designers and the end user can influence the "dynamics".The "dynamic runway" in FSI v1.03 is kinda AI. It takes static aircraft from local sceneries and "moves them about" based on a few parameters. It relies on static aircraft being available in local sceneries - sometimes there are none. The next version of FSI can interpret so-called MDL files. These are the basis for FS flyable aircraft. Again there are hundreds (thousands?) of ADD-ON FS aircraft out there. Now the FSI dropdown area selector will show available sceneries and aircraft. You can then "Generate" aircraft models which the FSI AI can use. That is how the Swissair DC4 was generated. You can also state which airport(s) such a model should visit.Laurent Claudet (ROTW) has generated a traffic interpreter to "move" models from one airport to another based on "timetables". The two of us will hopefully get together and see if we can "marry" our projects to get the best of both worlds - the right models at the right airports at the right time, or thereabouts!Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest chezz

Padrac,Will those dyamic (AI) aircrafts be recognize by ATC or C4TO? Thanks for your great work.chrisphilippines