Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Why ATC will cancel mid-flight

Since I've managed to get this simulator program working and not crashing (the computer, not the plane) mid-flight I now am discovering other curiosities. I'm running version 250.240 with the globe update, Jure's cbclouds and cbbroken for clouds (followed his instructions for install), vfr ocean, winds aloft, flight plans by FSBuild 1.40 and Infometar (latest download) with autoweather... I followed Ken Salter's instructions pretty much to the letter. I'm using the built in ATC which does a nice job on the ground and through departure, but when in mid-flight when asked to contact center, I change to requested frequency (either manually or automatically) and there is no selection for checking in (report of position), I'll usually ask for vectors to waypoint which will garner a response. On some shorter flights I will soon be directed over to approach but on longer flights, and I've even been directed to change center frequency, but somewhere along the line I will get the message that I've been cancelled. I'm at assigned altitude (I'm a real pilot so am familiar with flight levels) and following the flight plan, the map view will confirm I'm on the line. I have noticed that the TBM700 is more prone to this than the Navajo but I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else... are ya'll using the built in ATC? Any tips, fixes, links, etc would be appreciated.ZaneAthlon XP2000+Window XP Home512 DDR PC2100PNY GeForce4 MX420 64MB PCIFly!II 250.240FSBuild 1.40InfoMetar

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi Zane; Have you tried the downloads on the avsim file s, Under fly!IIC4TOFlyscripts!CabincallsThese files are very good Atc addons , And the only ATC that I useJeff AkinsAmd Athlon ECS K7S5A1800 Mgz256 DDR 2700HarddrivesC:=30.75 GBD:=20.84 GBE:=80.90 GBATI RADEON 8500DV DDR/MMX 3d T.V. TunerFly! II patched 250.240C4toFlyscriptsCabincallsTerramodelsTerrascene 2.1

Thanks Jeff,I've been using the C4TO latest update (I think 3.3.1), I haven't tried version 2 which I have read some people prefer. I just was wanting to experiment with the default ATC and see what it was capable of. Who's Southern accent is that in the default sound files?Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest pilotsim7828

No Telling How is the latest version working out ? I havent been able to get things working in that version yet! How do you install it, Are you using the first version , And installing the Dll`s with it? Jeff

I actually have had very little problems with C4TO 3.3.1, every once in a while I don't get a response from center after a handoff, but later in flight I'll get handed off to approach so it's still working... possibly the latest fix took care of the center to center handoff and not the center to approach handoff (only when you have had to change center in flight). I actually never installed version 1 or 2. I downloaded all versions of 3 and installed them in order... 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.3.1. I did not install any of the dll's used in version 2 nor the cabin calls. All of my flying is general aviation so I don't like all the airliner stuff... not realistic for me.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888