Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Where will FLY2 be a year from now?

Guest Ken_Salter

Okay guess my age:1) read news web sites2) use my windows media center to record only the tv shows i like (x-files, mst3k, food network) and skip the commercials3) cell phone is my only phone (no land line)4) go to the mall once every 6 months maybe5) become terribly more skeptical about what i read or hearI went to the theater last nite to watch "Finding Nemo" (which was pretty good btw). I look around and see teenagers, most acting like complete imbeciles. Please note I am not bashing teenagers in general.Anyway, while I love the Fly! series and they will have a special place in my heart, I must admit that I am looking forward to the MSFS2K4 release because of the weather updates. Hopefully I will not be dissapointed, and combine that with PMDGs upcoming release and a decent Cessna, I may start enjoying a MSFS sim (even though the SDKs are still way too lacking).[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]MSFS & Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

Guest tonyc

the cell phone/no land makes you over 50. :-) I forgot that I, too, read more web based news.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,I read this forum (almost) every day but have been quite busy... For one, my (first) son Joaqu

Guest richpress

I am a comparative newcomber to this forum and fly,fly11. I have been impressed by the work that people do to improve this sim which I thororoughly enjoy as an ex private pilot.I am a New Zealander in my 60s and sim around New Zealand using my old flight plans. The coastlines are amazingly accurate.I doctor up the aiports and correct some scenery tiles using products from the sim or help from this forum.I often think that the collective brain power of this forum could put together a fly111 which would put this sim years ahead.In my book this would be a great memorium to Richard Harvey.I wonder whether this would be possible or am I way out of line?

Hi Rich,There are a number of persons who were privileged to work with Rich Harvey on a couple of "beta team" processes in Fly!II's genesis and eventual patching. As the code of Fly! and Fly!II is a proprietary property of Terminal Reality, these very talented individuals were only able to work on the periphery - Rich had to do the nitty-gritty work as he was the only one with access to the code. Even then, he gave the team a lot of information and trust, so it certainly was a group effort.With Rich's passing, there is no way we can continue the internal, programmatical development of Fly! itself without TRI - it's still their baby. However, there have been some hints that they will not let Fly! sit forever - that it will appear on storeshelves again. In the meantime, as you have said, there is a lot going on - some development can continue through the wonderful tools that have been given us.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Ummm 2(axb)/c(xb)2=XJust jokeing42Jeff

Guest Bill Hinton

Larry, You guys are a bunch of spring chickens compared to me.

(Of course, I never read this forum anymore :) )But, Bill---------- weren't you around......... way back in the Pro-Pilot days? Years & years ago!!! L.Adamson

Guest Bill Hinton

Yes, and I am still disappointed concerning the lack of progress on the Pro Pilot series and the lack of response from ETC-Interactive's Mark Pechnick.And, yes, it was many years ago. But, I was no "Spring Chicken" then, either; although I felt young then and now.It is nice to communicate with you again.