Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Fly!2 Unexplicably Quits to Desktop - Cannot figure it out

Guest Hagar

David, I would never run my PC in a six-outlet strip. It might cough when it really needs power, and the strip can`t deliver, depending on the other "users" on the strip. Try running your PC directly from the wall socket for a while, it won`t cost you anything anyway...And btw what wattage is your PSU?

Hi David,I recently started to experience the same problem immediately after installing the nvidia 44.65 driver. On Kodiak flights from EGCC to EGGP, the crash ocurred consistently (and I mean every single time!) at between 12 and 13 nm from EGGP. I removed the 44.65 driver and went back to the 44.03 WHQL, and in about a dozen test flights from EGCC to EGGP, I didn't have a single CTD. All other flights since then have also been OK.While using the 44.65 driver, I also found that my PC rebooted itself on several occasions (once from within MS Word and a couple of times from the desktop). This had never happened to me before, and according to the Win XP error reporting system, the nvidia driver was responsible. It certainly seems that the 44.65 is not compatible with my systemDugald

July 6 and still no more CTD's and I'm using Omega's latest Nvidia drivers. I think that the render settings above are the only change... I've even done things that usually make it CTD! Like changing cameras with other traffic present, multiple cloud layers and rain with the weather generator switching between neighboring METARS and default ATC vectoring for approach... things that will usually leave me cussing as I walk away from the computer!Try'em and report back if you still are having CTD problems.Zane :)Happy flying again

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I use the power strip b/c of its surge protection. While Power in the Northeast is pretty steady, with the Air Conditioning on, I do get small fluctuations when compressors kick in. So I'm concerned about plugging the PC directly into the wall.What does "PSU" mean? -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.