Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Fly2 and VFR Detroit, Michigan

Hi Randall, Just to let you know - I use USAPhotoMaps to get Lat/Lon info a lot of the time. Great program, and free. It can be found at jdmcox.com.I recently attempted to add 3J6 (Folkston/Davis Field, GA) to the sim. For some reason, over TerraScene, and trying to adjust for elevations. Runways still look too narrow and short, with the aircraft appearing several feet above the surface. 4J6 (St Marys, GA) has a two foot drop on the runway 13/31 section past the 22/04 juncture after TerraScening the area. Any ideas? Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken,In the old days (Fly!/Fly!2K) you could run the Flattening routine built into the FlyEditor - now, things are a little more complex. There is a flattening routine built into the Fly! II Slicer - the flattening of the airports takes place during scenery slicing. As long as the runway/airport area doesn't cross a tile boundary and the airport already exists within the area, it will be flattened to match the new elevations included with the TerraScenery.However, if the airport crosses a tile boundary, it will not (or a portion of it won't) be flattened. Also, if you add an airport after you TerraScene an area, it's elevations won't match. The first thing I would do is reslice the TerraScenery with the new airport in place - the Slicer will try to flatten it when slicing and you may be successful.If not, you've got a boundary issue, and will have to do it manually with the Flattenator program. It's a great program - it works...but the learning curve can be a little steep for some.Thanks for the Lat/Lon info - the more sources, the merrier!

Randall Rocke

Many thanks, Randall.I won't take credit for the link. One of the guys here provided it months ago, I just cannot recall who. So thanks really go to him, I just did a "reminder" about the link. ;-) Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster