Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

New Airport for Fly

Guest Eagle

Thanks to Randall Rocke we now have a new airport for Fly. It is Canton-Plymouth-Mettetal in Plymouth, Michigan and has just been uploaded to the library.You should not have any problem installing, but if you do send me an email and I will try and help.

Thanks for all the work on the scenery and taxiways, Wayne - that was fast!We put this little airport together (just north of Detroit) following a request from a new Fly!er - this is his home airport and it was missing from the Fly! II database. You might want to complement this little airport (runway is under 2500') by rendering the Detroit TerraScenery from my Detroit and Toledo TerraScene packs. This really puts you "in the hood".In his instructions, Wayne talks about extracting a couple of DB pods for TerraModels. I don't believe this will be necessary, unless you want to edit or add to the scenery with TerraModels yourself. Just import the DEX files with DexImport, then add Wayne's Terramodels airport scenery and taxiways - that should do the trick.

Randall Rocke

Guys, thank you so very much for all your efforts and hard work in bringing my home airport, 1d2 Mettetal in Canton, Michigan to life. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate your efforts. I am still eagerly awaiting my version of Fly!2 to arrive, and have not even opened FS2004 because of all the promise Fly!2 holds with my local scenery. What a way to welcome me into the community! I would (eventually) like to become more proficient in scenery design for the Fly!2 community, and will most likely start with adding more detail and objects to the airport you've created. Again, a big sincere thank you!Steve