Sign in to follow this  

Fly High Seneca Sky (pics)

Larry Or this one (My favourite from a previous flight last year)Peter

All very true.The sad thing is that when you read about all these new upcoming video cards and look at the screenshots that demonstrate prowess of these cards all you see are aliens in their shining armor or bumps on some insect's skin. For a change I would like to see an ordinary 3D cloud !! Michael J.

Peter---The last shot.............. not bad! :)Add a few holes to see some rugged terrain below with 3D depth, and it could be quite good ACTUALLY!! :)L.Adamson

LarryI suppose you will want trees planted and a Father Xmas sledge on the snow slopes ;-)NB I couldnt get on top of that last one with the Seneca ;-(Peter

>Larry >>I suppose you will want trees planted and a Father Xmas >sledge on the snow slopes ;-) >NO................... how about mountains, whispy clouds, P-51's & G-forces!!L.Adamson

LarryNow if you could give me that machine I would rather dance around my clouds in it than your mountains (they arent as hard if I get it wroung :-)BTW is that you in the pic ?Peter

Yes--- me in my old age! Went up in that P-51 once, & it was worth it!!L.Adamson

MR. L.ANDERSON,You look very hansome. :-smoochCheers :-beerchugWould you happen to be a Salt Lake City Mormon?Yours Truly,CB :-wave

>Would you happen to be a Salt Lake City Mormon? >Why of course!!!! I havn't had any beer for at least 1/2 hr!! :):-beerchug L.Adamson

Guest Paul_W

When I saw the first of those shots I exclaimed almost as loudly as when the Lakers hit a 3-pointer with half a second left to beat Sacramento. Okay...half as loudly. (By the way, that's LA vs. Sacramento in the NBA basketball Western Conference finals for those who don't know....)I hope you don't mind if I pinch a couple of those for my screensaver slide show.You know, I want an album of these things. Or a coffee table book; I actually did a search for a coffee table book featuring clouds and couldn't find anything. But you have to get the plane in closer...!Thanks again Peter. At least CFS3 will get much closer to these real-world skies; I've lost count of the positive comments I've read about those clouds since the E3 show last week.P.S. Peter, there's one thing I've been wanting to mention for a while: It's ENvironment...not invironment!

Paul, There is no comparaison to these peter pic and cfs3 clouds, look how they look and look cfs3 clouds, peter clouds thick and puffy. the sky color is the most improvement in cfs3 they improve the cloud white vs deep blue, but yes the sky color is better but should be dynamic sky. Take the blue sky from fs2002 and those cfs3 clouds in background, you will see a huge difference on how the clouds appears. Also the clouds in cfs3 can easly be in fs2002 you have just to add 2 bigs clouds layers and thats it's. You will saw them in fs2k2 before cfs3 is released.Also look this post http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/4550.htmlThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, "Very nice pics, Wish that deep blue sky and clouds could be implemented in fs2002 via some addon( Hint to fsclouds).I never grow tired of these types of shots.The deep sky colour only highlight those clouds more,Huge contrast range, looks so fresh and clean, almost like fresh snow, you feel you could land on them.OK when is fsclouds 2002 coming out?..Forget about changing the sky color in fs2000 and fs2002 you have to be the programmer from Microsoft to change the color, this is not working like fs98 with the bleu sky addons, as for fs clouds, I think there is no more version. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Paul_W

Hey Chris. You know I think in the not too distant future we're going to be able to fly through these Peter pic on our computers, and I think the first step will be with CFS3, though I agree it won't be at the same level of realism. It will be a big advance though. But as we discussed the other day, even with some of your terrific new clouds, FS 2002 will still be limited by its "rotate-the-flat-clouds-around-the-cockpit" mechanism.

Guest Paul_W

Yes, it does get tiresome seeing those gruesome aliens in all their shining armor being blown to smithereens by incredibly huge great big guns. And all we want by contrast is a lousy puff of realistic water vapor in the atmosphere....

ChrisIs it possible to build these "Big Mammas" as scenery ie with elevetion points as in a mountain and then suspend the lot?