Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

FLY2K DX upgrade?

Hi guys,I hope some of you are like me and have kept FLY2K on your computer. I still like to fly it on occasion. Great sim!I recently bought a FX5600XT 256M card. Really makes FLYII sing! FLY2K CTD (crash to desktop).I tried placing the dx8tl.dll, dx8.dll, and dx7.dll and modifying the fly.ini. It would actually work fine untill I go to outside view... then I get a "unknown D3D error. CTD.Surely some of you gurus out there have already found a way to uprade FLY2K to accomodate the new cards. Would you help me?Thanks,Earl

Earl,I'm running an nVidia variant (GeForce4 Ti 4600) and it works great with Fly!2K. I did, understandably, have to make a new VCF file for it. Were you able to start Fly!2K and get to the menus without crashing, or was it necessary to place the DLLs? Were you able to run the video card test to obtain the proper IDs for a new VCF?

Randall Rocke

Guest tonyc

The latest FLY2 patch no longer is dependent on these dll. So, what I would do is 1. first install the fx5600 with the latest drivers( I have one of these cards and they work great) and 2. reinstall FLY2. You should not have to play with any video dlls for perfect, no crashes, performance.tony

Guest tonyc

Sorry, my mistake. I did install FLY2k just recently and did not experience an CTD. This , of course, is after I had the fx5600 and drivers already installed.tony