Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

Frequent flyers with attitude!

Guest Bart

We made a $100.00 hamburger run from Harrison, Ohio (I67) to Frankfort, Kentucky (KFFT) the other day so here are a few pics. Aurora, Indiana with Hogan Creek running off of the Ohio River and Laugherty Island in the top of the pic. The river is the western border of one level of CVG's class B airspace, the side I'm on varies from 3500' to 5000' on the lower end up to 10k, the other side of the river the lower end drops to 2100'.

Climbing up to 4500' to get above the thick blueish/grey line on the horizon or as we've come to call it "the bumpy layer line". Below it is the bumpy turbulent air, above it, smooth as glass.

The resident Voo-Doo at FFT

Sitting at the picnic tables after the walk back from dinner. The Cessna in the left of the picture pointing to the runway is 27G.

Here are the "frequent flyers" waiting for the plane to be unlocked after full bellies from Capt D's, a 10 minute walk back to the airport, rolling down the hill next to the ramp, running back up, rolling back down, running back up, rolling, running...(you get the idea) and then the race back to the plane for who gets to sit in the back with mommy, she beats him every time!.

c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Very nice! Now that's proper use of an aircraft! :-)

Randall Rocke

G'day Bart,Nice pictures mate. Glad to see you are enjoying your real world flying.Just as a matter of curiosity I don't quite follow........who gets to sit in the back with mommy? The winner or loser of the race back to the aircraft.? :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Bart,you are really doing the best with your spare-time and money. After two decades and more than 1000 h logged flight time (back in the cabin) I enjoy EVERY minute being airborne.BUT I did NOT take the opportunity to make my PPL when I was young enough. Use every chance you have to do such wonderful rides!Thank you for the photos and the background infos!Georg (EDDW)